Bait

"Sissy, sissy wake up!"
My brother is jumping on my bed.
I smile at the sight of him.
"Hey Dom."
I reach out to touch his face, but as soon as my fingertips brush his skin, the image of him fades, and I am left to reality.
Ryan is in the kitchen making coffee.
I walk silently to my room and change, the finish getting ready in the bathroom.
"Hey are you ready?" I ask.
"Yeah. Are you sure you want to go today?"
"Yeah."

We arrive at the precinct, and everyone looks nervous.
"What's going on?" I ask Ryan.
"I don't know. Hey Beckett what's going on?"
She looks solemn as she replies.
"There's a serial killer. He's killed three people in the last 48 hours. All teenage girls. We have no idea how to find him, what he looks like or anything."
We go silent, and I try to work out in my head what we can do.
"Use me." I suggest.
"What?" They both say at the same time.
"Use me as bait. I'll go walking down a few ally ways by myself and I can have a wire and it would be safe."
"No way in hell would I let you do that Samantha. You could be killed."
I argue. "So? That's what being a police officer is about. I'm risking my life to save someone else's. If I get killed, you would probably be able to find him and save someone else's life."
"No I'm not letting you."
"Beckett I'm not saying it would be 100% safe, but it's a chance, and a chance I'm willing to take."
"I can't let you do that. I'm sorry. If something happened to you I would never forgive myself."
I sigh loudly. "Fine. I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."
As I walk away, I look around to see if anyone is watching me, but no one is. I quickly reach into Ryan's desk drawer and pull out his extra gun and shove it in my belt, covering it with my jacket.

I know I'm insane. What I'm about to do is crazy dangerous, but if doing this causes someone else to live, I'm ok with that.
I walk out of the precinct and into a few ally ways. No one seems to be around. I walk to a harder part of town and walk around, making it clear that I'm by myself. No starts to follow me, although I get some strange looks from the gangsters in this area.
After an hour or so of walking around, I decide to head back. I can't believe no one has figured out I'm gone yet.
I decide to try one more time, and I walk into a parking structure. This one seems pretty shady.
Suddenly I hear footsteps behind me. I casually glance over my shoulder and see a man following me. I pull out my phone and dial Beckett's number, but it's too late.

Beckett pov.
My phone rings, and I look down to see Ross's number flash across the screen. I realize I haven't seen her in over an hour. I answer.
"Hello?" There's no answer.
I call everyone in and put the phone on speaker.
"Ross where are you?"
All we hear is the sound over heavy footsteps. A punch is thrown, and landed.
"Trace this call!" I cry out desperately.
"We have to find out where she is!"
Suddenly there's crying, and I know Ross is in trouble. Then something I never wanted to hear.
There's a gunshot, and Ross screams. The phone drops to the ground, and the line goes dead.