Chapter 4

In the darkness, Song Qinghan rubbed his own face. Weren’t there the two eyes, one nose, and one mouth the same as others? What was the relevance between him and a beauty?

After chatting for a while, Song Qinghan a bit sleepy caused by the pregnacy and turned his head over and felt asleep.

It was the next day when he opened his eyes while Wu Dahu has left the room already, leaving the thatch and the cotton quilt neat and clean behind.

Song Qinghan nursed a satisfaction in his thought, “This roommate is nothing bad. Although the house is not that kind of delicate thing, it is always cleaned up though. Even the clothes on him is old one, but it seems never to be dirty.”

A pressing knock came to the door at the moment Song Qinghan went to the kitchen for having the Chinese yam which was still warming.

“Brother Dahu? Are you there, brother Dahu?” A voice from a young man came from outside.

Song Qinghan hesitated for a while and didn’t make a sound.

Anyway, Wu Dahu was not here. It was pointless for him to open the door.

Maybe it was because no one responded at all, the person outside lowered his voice and said, “Then I’ll put it here. When Brother Dahu comes back, he should see it.”

Was he someone delivering something here? Song Qinghan stretched out his hand and opened the door.

As the door opened, Song Qinghan could clearly sense a fit of hostility since he got the eye contact with the man from outside.

“Oh well, are you the femina male with no shame at all?” shouted the man, who grabbed the bamboo basket in hand and frown in anger.

Song Qinghan looked at the man in front up and down, and he murmured in his mind, “Ah ah, such a handsome boy over there, look at that rosy lips and super white teeth.”

However, Song Qinghan wasn’t unfamiliar to such a hostility. He used to see that kind of face on females.

It was not strange thing for him though, he got the man who was a dream lover for many girls.

After analyzing the situation, Song Qinghan smiled and said in calm, “Yes, I might be the one. I am the only one treasure for the breadwinner of this house.”

He didn’t know why he would want to irritate this young man by saying that kind of words to show off. However, it was rather annoyed for him when he found that the numb and sluggish man would attract admiration from others.

The fact confused him that someone would even want to fight against him for such a poor and tanned-skin man with nothing but bulky muscles.

As expected, after he said these words, the young man got his eyes red-rimmed and stomped his feet and shouted angrily, “How can you be so shameless! You Easy Virtue. It is all your fault to oppress Brother Dahu!

Song Qinghan raised his eyebrows but uttered in a slow tone, “How can you describe the marriage between me and him an oppression? Exchange is no robbery.”

Seeing that there was no guilt on his face, the young man bit down his lips, trembling, as if he was about to shout with abuse, “If it weren’t for you, Dahu would have already become a guard and went to enjoy the good fortune with the noble! But now! He got no land, no money, he got nothing. All of them were drained by your natal family, they skimmed off everything! It is so shameless for you to act capriciously, I feel for Brother Dahu so much !

“Xiaoqing, enough!”

Wu Dahu suddenly appeared and interrupted the shout with a sullen face.