Chapter 24

Hearing that, Song Qinghan turned his head over and asked, trying to confirm, “Marry? How? Will he marry Dahu as a concubine? ”

As a femina male who never married yet, Xiaoqing got awkward to say that thing out, but since he had mentioned the matter, he then simply explained in detail, saying, “He wants his femina son marry Dahu as a wedded husband, not just a concubine, and I heard that he had prepared an affluent dowry.”

Wu Dahu nodded and said to Xiaoqing, “Okay, we’re informed, thanks for telling.”

Noticing that Wu Dahu was impatient to leave, Song Qinghan could only shut his mouth up to ask any further questions.

However, along the way they headed back home, he looked at Wu Dahu in a rather strange sight, as if he aimed to examine the man from bottom to the top.

He didn’t expect that his husband would be so attractive that not only the people in the same village would be enchanted, but someone in the nearby village too. And it was the son of the head villager, he must be rather extraordinary.

Wu Dahu noticed Song Qinghan’s gaze, he thought for a while and then tried to explain, saying, “His son is just with an average look, but he gets a higher standard. Therefore, he is twenty years old and hasn’t married yet. Thus, people around the village know him, he being in that age gets no attraction. If he keeps being single and not marrying, he is doomed to be alone till his death. That’s why!”

Song Qinghan snorted twice, saying jealously, “Well, you are not that kind of childe thing. Then how did he choose you? it’s probably not the deal of his dad, but his own. Am I right?”

Wu Dahu paused, saying in hesitation, “Fine, he did express once his affection to me, but I refused, well, in a clear-cut way. After that, he seemed to hold a grudge on me and said that he would never show up in front of me, ever. So, I would believe that it was his father’s decision.”

Song Qinghan looked at him with a shocked expression and uttered in anger, “Ah-ah? He even confessed to you! Then I am sure that it was his idea now. You can’t just believe him so easily. That he said he wouldn’t show up again is totally a bullshit. Deeply in his heart, he will never give you up. So he asked his dad to prepare a rich dowry trying to seduce you by that!”

Hearing that, Wu Dahu suddenly burst into laughter, and then held Song Qinghan’s hands, saying slowly, “I will never ever bow myself to any form of allures, money or whatever. You don’t have to worry about that!”

Being held by hands from Wu Dahu, Song Qinghan could clearly felt the sensation of rough yet warmth running through all over his body, it was like a sense of electric shock, making him numbed.

He got his ear tips red-rimmed and even forgot the words he was about to speak, but mumbled, “I… I am not worried about that, OK?”

The two held their hands together walking along the rural road leisurely. They totally ignored the peculiar look from the passengers. The air was full of sweetness and intimacy.

After they got home, Song Qinghan went to bed for a nap, and Wu Dahu went to cope with the fresh illicium verums, and then dried them in the yard.

After that, as he was about to sort the seasoning ingredients out, someone knocked on the door.

He walked over and opened the door. It was someone Wu Dahu familiar with, he then frowned and asked, “What’s the matter?”

Well, they were not someone else, but who Wu Dahu and Song Qinghan had mentioned just then. The head villager from the nearby village, Xiang Tiange and, his son, Xiang Lvping.