157

Song Qinghan looked at him curiously. He intended to ask him about his relationship with the Emperor, but after thinking for a while, he decided to forget it.

In fact, that was definitely a clear answer out there even if Song Qinghan didn’t bother to ask. He who could be able to have such a close conversation with the Emperor and get the responsive response would not be an official that ordinary. He would have been informed by Luo Haiyun already if Luo Haiyun would love to confess, yet since he didn’t intend to, then Song Qinghan’d better shut his mouth.

He cleared his throat and calmly asked, “Which is more important for you, money or life?”

Luo Haiyun answered without hesitation, “Of course the life!”

“Well,” Song Qinghan sounded while nodding, “So as long as we can make them believe that only by ruining their money-earning source will they be rescued, we will definitely persuade them.”

“But they don’t believe us!”

Luo Haiyun responded subconsciously as something flashed across his mind. He continued to say thoughtfully, “But they do believe Old Shi…”

When they were persuading the villagers, they occasionally heard that the villagers mentioned if they got enough money they would get Old Shi here rather than these two unreliable ones.

Seeing that Luo Haiyun had already reacted, Song Qinghan didn’t say anything more. What bothered him the most now was about the matter of marriage escort team which he should negotiate with Wu Dahu when he back home.

Logically speaking, Wu Dahu had already officially been assigned, so they had to move out from their current house. But since Wu Dahu hadn’t officially taken office, they had to stand by.

However, whether they should go for the marriage escort team or not, they now had to commence arranging the matter of relocating. If they had to escort in the end, they could rend a small house temporarily which was able to accommodate all their packages. If they got no chance to go escort, then they should take times to make a careful investigation and decide to buy a bigger house, probably a mansion.

After dinner, Song Qinghan informed the words Luo Haiyun said today to Wu Dahu, and at the same time he confessed about the matter of marriage escorting.

Wu Dahu did not reject it immediately nor did he agree right away.

Though he hadn’t officially taken office himself, he still got bunch of news from various banquets about the real situation about the place where the minority nationalities stayed. He knew deeply that the place full of ‘barbarians’ was somewhere of all kinds of dangers. Even the escort team would be threatened to die midway.

He understood Song Qinghan’s guilt towards Hening very well, but if Song Qinghan chose to sacrifice himself to repay Hening, that would totally be a matter of ‘the loss outweighs the gain’. And what Hening struggled to do would be in vain at the same time.

Noticing that Wu Dahu was frowning tight there, Song Qinghan did not urge but reached out to carry Little Shitou up, pinching the child’s chubby face.

Little Shitou now could clearly pronounce a lot of syllables. When he felt the force on his face, he giggled and said foolishly, “Femi dada! Play!”

And then he waved his tiny and fatty hands and reached out to hold Song Qinghan’s face. “Muah”, beyond Song Qinghan’s expectation Little Shitou kissed deeply on his cheek leaving a watery mark.

Song Qinghan giggled either as Little Shitou made such a reaction, he reached out again to pinch Little Shitou’s chubby face. Both of them laughed foolishly yet happily there.