150

Song QInghan couldn’t help but come to an utter shock when he was informed that he was summoned because of the so-called beauty ranking. And then the next moment he recalled the words of Wu Dahu suddenly in his mind that people within the palace loved to beat around the bush. In that case, what he had heard probably wasn’t the truth, so he answered respectfully, “Your Majesty, I’m just an ordinary commoner, and I don’t deserve to be called a beauty by someone noble like you. Even though I did not see your clear appearance just now, I did catch a glimpse of your figure. By just one glance, I just can draw a conclusion that your beauty should be invincible in this spacious world.”

He shouldn’t admit that he indeed saw the clear face of the Imperial Noble Consort, and in the meantime he should try to ‘flatter’ the other party. That’s why he said so in that way. Though somewhat what he said was a bit embarrassing, he knew he didn’t say something wrong when he heard the cheerful laugh from the Imperial Noble Consort.

After laughing for a while, the Imperial Noble Consort pulled up Song Qinghan’s hand directly and led him to his subordinate seat, and then sat back onto his own main seat leisurely, while saying gently, “Have a seat, in fact I do have another thing to negotiate with you today besides meeting someone new.”

Hearing the word ‘negotiate’, Song Qinghan lowered his head hurriedly and then answered, “Your Majesty, I don’t dare to talk equally with you. If you have anything you want me to do, order me. Me as a commoner would love to spare no effort to make it, even sacrifice.”

Hearing that, the Imperial Noble Consort laughed again. Yet his tone changed when he again uttered.

“Ah, you get a same trait with your husband, don’t you? What a pair of lovebirds, you even talk with a same tone. He who doesn’t know you probably would think that you get a dumb mouth and aren’t able to have communication.

Song Qinghan paused, as if he could sense a hint of danger from the sentence. He didn’t say anything and pretended that he didn’t understand anything and lowered his head even deeper.

Right at this moment, a familiar voice sounded behind him, breaking the dreadful silence.

“Royal Femina Father, I’m here to greet.”

Song Qinghan quietly looked at the person from the corner of his eye. When he realized that the other party was the Fifth Prince who was the ‘culprit’ ruining the banquet yesterday, he felt a little uneasy. He moved his sleeves and covered his face.

However, the Imperial Noble Consort raised his tone and suddenly uttered as if he had seen through the thoughts in Song Qinghan’s mind, “Are you feeling uncomfortable, Sir Song? Why are you keeping a gesture of bending?”

Song Qinghan clearly felt two gazes were fixing at him at the same time. He coughed lightly, straightened up, and answered softly, “I’ve never seen such a big scene before. So forgive me, Your Majesty, I’m kind of nervous.”

What he said revealed the true feelings of him currently. Facing such a beauty who got a classically good look with a noble identity, he had already got his back soaked with a layer of sweat. Now here came the Fifth Prince who seemed to be quite fearless towards everything. Of course he should be uneasy because he didn’t know whether it was a ‘White Vengea’ waiting for him or not.

The Fifth Prince narrowed his eyes and looked at Song Qinghan for a moment. As if he suddenly remembered something, he said, “Oh, is Hening going to marry… your husband?”

True, it was already doomed to happen forced by the Imperial Decree. So Song Qinghan didn’t bother to hide it up anymore, he answered directly, “Your Highness, yes, he is.”