chapter 60

Song Qinghan frowned a bit, he knew exactly that he wasn’t able to persuade Youning.

Tough Yuan Boshu was a man of a fine morality, it would still be hard to predict the life spending with him. Moreover, remarriage wasn’t something of glory, and to be one’s second femina husband, he should do better or otherwise would be condemned by others. In addition, Youning was bought by Yuan Boshu, he wouldn’t be that kind of delightful or something. Instead, he thought he had to be subservient.

Just as the two were chatting, Wu Dahu came back with tools. He delivered the writing brushes, ink and rice paper to Yuan Boshu. Yuan Boshu took over the kit and put the rice paper on flagstone aside evenly, then he commenced writing.

Not long, he finished drafting two agreements respectively.

Tough Song Qinghan didn’t take a careful glance at the content on the paper, he could discern the difference one from another.

Youning’s father, the one who was almost a completely illiterate person, finished reading the content on the paper in a rather difficult way. What he could make sure was that he didn’t see any single word which mentioned the “Pay Back” term. He then bit his thumb, and used the blood on it to leave a mark on the paper.

With all the process done, Youning’s father raised his eyelids, saying menacingly, “It’s time to pay now. Don’t play with us with tricks, we don’t have much time and mood to do that.”

Without hesitation, Yuan Boshu took out the ingot again and then he saw Youning’s father was inspired all of a sudden with a grinning face, he urged, saying, “I would highly suggest you to leave Youning alone from now on, he doesn’t belong to you two anymore. Never ever bother him again.”

After that, he turned around in a nimble action and then walked to Youning with a face of embarrassment, saying in a low voice, “Just come with me first to Childe Wu’s house first, we will talk about a further detail then.”

The sorrow was still lingering on Youning’s face, yet he was much more released. Youning then nodded in response, following up behind Yuan Boshu.

After they were all at home, Song Qinghan was all anxiety to ask Yuan Boshu, “Brother Yuan, the two agreements are drafted in different contents. Aren’t they?”

Scratching himself on his head with an awkward smile, Yuan Boshu came to know his trick was all exposed by Song Qinghan. He then passed the paper in hands to Youning, while explaining, “The first agreement paper is written with something like ‘From the day on, Youning is in the matrimonial tie with me, betrothal money One Hundred silver coins, No Dowry’, and the second one is written with something like ‘From the day on, Youning officially breaks off the relation with his original family, his parents are not allowed to impede any personal affair of his.’”

At the moment Youning heard the words “No Dowry”, he felt a bit worthless in thinking that he was nothing for Yuan Boshu. But after he heard the latter words, he came to a relief. His mind was just like a roller coaster, which was at the top right at the moment and then down to the trough the next second.

Well, at least he would never ever be bullied again by those two evils. Even if Yuan Boshu would finally abandon him in the end, he wouldn’t be regretful at all because he didn’t need to go back to the place suffered him the most.

But, why would Yuan Boshu think of writing something like that, was he afraid of getting entangled with Youning’s father? Well, he might dislike Youning’s family background?

Yuan Boshu didn’t over-think about the inner thoughts of Youning, he just smiled while saying, “Keep these two agreement papers yourself. You own your life from now on. And when you’re a grown-up and you get someone you love. I can help you prepare your dowry, and I promise you a good wedding ceremony. Don’t worry.”