chapter 47

Standing behind the door, Song Qinghan could clearly hear the squabble between them. He came to figure out that he was the ignition lighting up the disharmony in their family affair.

He walked out trying to step harder on his feet on purpose, while smiling big, and saying, “I got nothing valuable for your kindness, but I do have some dry meat which was made by the prey Dahu hunted before. Why not take them back and have some bites? And here’s another ten silver coins, not a big deal. I really appreciate your help.”

Xiaoqing’s femina dad hurriedly waved his hand, refusing and saying, “Child, don’t you try to be sooo courteous to us. Aren’t we neighbor? We are not stranger to each other, I won’t take all these things. Moreover, I think, despite Doctor Luo come or not, you can surely handle it. So in that situation, we did not offer you a substantive assistance.”

“Alright, we will take these meat back and taste them!” shouted Xiaoqing’s father.

He interrupted the conversation suddenly, reaching out to take over the dry meat and the silver coins, with a great smile on his face.

Smiling back, Song Qinghan said to them, “Then thanks again for your kindness. Take care home, and now I will prepare the liquid medicine for Dahu.”

Seeing him turn around and close the door, Xiaoqing’s femina dad sighed helplessly, following up Xiaoqing’s father.

Noticing the man aside was unhappy moving with a face of grievance, Xiaoqing’s father came to console, saying, “It’s worth buying Dahu’s life for this tiny amount of money. Isn’t it? Song Qinghan will be such a poor widow if he lose Wu Dahu, won’t he be pitiful then? So, BE OPEN-MINDED over it! ”

With such a forbearance, Xiaoqing’s femina dad finally shut his mouth, he failed to say something in retorting.

Well, they took the coins now in a joyful way. But what about the future? Maybe then Song Qinghan would not be so close to them.

After Song Qinghan entered the room, he cooked the food. And then finished his own dish alone and fed Wu Dahu with porridge. Later he commenced decocting the liquid medicine.

In fact, he did not really mind Xiaoqing’s father’s reaction. After all, for him, there was nothing more important than Wu Dahu’s life. As long as it could be solved with money, it was not a problem.

In the meantime, he removed the gauze on Wu Dahu’s body and carefully cleaned it up with liquor. Then, he applied the medical cream given by Doctor Luo and wrapped it in a clean gauze again.

With everything was done, he straightened up, massaging himself on the back, exclaiming, “HA, with no more exercises, I can own my muscles these days. I will never worry about the situation that I will go faint for delivery to the baby.”

Thinking loud himself there, he suddenly felt something wrong. When he lowered his head down, a pair of deep dark eyes was staring at him right away.

“Hey! You’re awake!”

Retreating a bit, he almost fell down on the ground.

Noticing that Wu Dahu was struggling to get up, Song Qinghan rushed forward to suppress his hands, yelling, “Just stay in bed, I just help you apply the medical cream. If you dare to make your wounds cracked again, I will ‘kill’ you.”

Taking a sudden pause, Wu Dahu stayed stationary laying himself in the bed and staring at Song Qinghan quietly.

Coughing a bit, Song Qinghan noticed Wu Dahu was kind of silent and thought he was being so rude yelling at his man, he came to explain, saying, “I am a bit exhausted, so I might have said something rude and wrong. Don’t you mind. Oh, are you hungry now? Or thirsty?”