153

However, this was totally a good news for Song Qinghan. So he didn’t intend to investigate further in this matter. He walked into the mansion directly with Wu Dahu.

They seemed to enter a wonderland just at the moment they got into the path leading to the center room of the mansion.

The running water at both sides of the path was purling while there came the calls of the jubilant birds and bouts of flower fragrance. The servants were all doing their own stuff quietly there while their expressions were rather of calmness like they were just a group of people who lived in an isolation world with endless supplies.

The two of them were led by the housekeeper and they passed through various corners, and finally before they got their head dazzling, Hening’s back was seen by the end of the last corner.

Hening was sitting right by a lake, in his hand erupted a fishing rod. He stared at the clear lake bottom expressionlessly, zoning out.

For some reason, Song Qinghan felt that the current Hening was somehow pitiful by delivering such a bleak temperament. With that feeling, he shrank back a bit and didn’t dare to bother.

Yet Wu Dahu didn’t seem to discern anything strange, he walked up directly and made a bow paying salute, “Your Highness, I’m here to ask you if you would love to ask for the withdrawal of the marriage.”

Hening raised one side of his eyebrows lightly, yet he still remained his temperament of coldness as if he had guessed the purpose of the visit of Wu Dahu and Song Qinghan here. But it was totally beyond his expectation that Wu Dahu would express that so directly.

“He who violates the content of the Imperial Decree will be executed immediately, do you think that I’ve got two lives myself?”

Wu Dahu paused for a moment and continued with a bow, “But Your Highness, you’re not a commoner at all, you should have got any ideas to let the Emperor withdraw the decree. In that way, you don’t have to bear the crime at all.”

He raised his eyelids and glanced at Wu Dahu indifferently, and then answered calmly, “As long as I marry you, I naturally don’t have to bear the crime of resisting the decree and not obeying the law. Also, even the royal members who break the law should accept the same penalties the commoner accepts, let alone I am just a lowly infanta.”

Noticing that Hening had made a perfect excuse, Wu Dahu didn’t say anything but seemingly sank into a long silence as if he was conceiving of the next plan.

Song Qinghan smiled suddenly and then approached to pat Wu Dahu on the shoulder, motioning him to take it slow and easy. And then he walked to Hening’s side, uttering as if he was trying to chitchat, “You like fishing?”

“Yes, I do.” sounded Hening, and then he fixed his gaze back on the lake as if he felt quite uneasy to the sudden approach of Song Qinghan.

“Speaking of which, I wonder so much about the relationship between you and the Emperor, do you mind me asking like that?”

Song Qinghan directly sat onto the rock beside Hening, cocking his head to one side and asking.

The sudden question startled Hening to a shock, the gaze fixing in the bottom of the lake defocused. He then answered slowly after a long while of silence, “I’m the nephew of the Emperor.”

Penny dropped, Song Qinghan sratched his own head, as if he finally understood why the Fifth Prince would be so angry himself.

Beyond his expectation, Hening continued to say, “And I have heard from the outsiders that my father was supposed to inherit the throne.”