chapter 56

Staring at Wu Dahu, Song Qinghan was astonished.

He never expected that Wu Dahu would have such a brain and thought of advance. No butcher would say no to this win-win cooperation. And plus, with restrictions, they wouldn’t be able to act unruly. After all, once their business was tied up to the seasoning stuff, they had to pay close attention to it. If not they probably would lose parts of their customers.

How would Butcher Chen react after hearing the news? Nobody knows.

What Wu Dahu said was quite clear and bright, so the one who showed the most anxious expression on face promised, saying, “Alright, I’m in! Let’s just make this deal. Don’t worry, I can sell all out one day!”

Of course, except some of them who were showing confidence, there existed another group who were questioning Wu Dahu, they came to ask, “So how are we supposed to receive the brokerage charges? Should we just take it from the coins which are belonged to us and give them back to you the rest of the coins?”

Pondering for a brief moment, Wu Dahu shook his head, saying, “This is the first time for our cooperation, so I need you guys to pay for the seasonings in advance, and of course with brokerage charges deducted. Let’s see if we go with a smooth cooperation in three times. If we do reach an agreement for a long-term cooperation, we surely can adopt ‘Sell first, pay later’ method.”

Another guy jumped out from the crowd, asking, “How can we know that whether it is hot-sell product or not? What if people just neglect them, and you refuse to return the money back to us? Or what if this so-called seasoning decays within days, who can guarantee that?”

Wu Dahu still remained his calmness standing there, and answering, “Then this should be the extra risk you have to bear. Anyway, one pack for half a copper coin. I know it’s kind of a tiny amount, but if the cooperation go smoothly and the business boost, it’s a promising one. Moreover, I think all of you had already witnessed how the seasoning brought the profit to Butcher Chen, it’s kind of perfect addition to your business. Isn’t it? And plus, as long as you keep the seasoning away from water or avoid any humid environment, it can be stored without being decayed for at least half a month and longer.”

In fact, what these butchers really wanted wasn’t the coin itself, but the popularity it would bring to their meat shop.

Just as the group was discussing and negotiating here, there came someone not far away, and the man who was approaching the crowd shouted, “Don’t fall for their tricks! This kind of raw material is everywhere. Butcher sells each pack for three copper coins there. Probably this guy has run a bad business with Butcher Chen, so he just resorted any possible means to trap us.”

After that, the crowd was in an uproar. And some of whom reached an agreement with Wu Dahu suddenly dropped the packs back in the basket and turned around to stare at Wu Dahu, seemingly waiting for a sincere response from him.

On the other side, Wu Dahu still kept his equanimity showing emotionless on face, he then bowed in a leisurely manner to untie one of the packs, taking out the star anise among the ingredients and saying calmly, “What they sell doesn’t include something like this. If you pursue the richer flavor of the seasoning, this stuff is a must-have. If you don’t even give credence to me. Go and buy one from their shop and take one pack from me. Let’s check out the difference between these two seasonings when they are applying to cook.”

The crowd again divided into two parts, some of them egged the others on to try it out, while some seemed to make a firm decision right away, shouting, “I will give it a shot. Brother Dahu, here are the coins for one pack. Just count and see.”