176

Song Qinghan sneered, raised his head and glanced at the man, saying in an unwavering tone, “Oh, really? A strong man doesn’t feel any pain? How about this?”

He pressed on the man’s wound expressionlessly. As the man started to show a face of agony, he sighed heavily and then continued to keep the sewing work.

If that was possible, he would definitely use his own blood for this operation. But since he was the director of the whole operation, he wasn’t allowed to make any tiny mistake like making his hand shiver, let alone to endure the great pain to hold the scalpel.

As for Yuan Wenxuan, although he already had the qualifications to be an assistant, he was still a child who was not even at his puberty period yet. To take his blood might be a bit cruel.

After successfully dealing with the man’s wound, Song Qinghan quickly added the heparin into the bowl filled with fresh blood, stirred it evenly and then poured them all into the container which was used for producing the dialysate.

After adding a moderate amount of water according to the proportion he applied in the previous experiment, and diluting the dialysate, Song Qinghan picked up the scalpel and walked towards Mu Qingfeng who had already got off clothes and lay obediently on bed.

The subordinates weren’t that surprised when they noticed that Song Qinghan was using the cotton soaked with liquor to wipe on Mu Qingfeng’s body. They were utterly shock and concerned as Song Qinghan finally used the scalpel to cut an incision, and at the same time all of them couldn’t help but take a deep and cold breath there.

Did… Did the operation start so quickly?

Song Qinghan didn’t have time ow to pay attention to the meaningless movements. All his concentration was absorbed into the flesh right in front of him.

Even though he never took a living human as the experimental object, he was still behaving calmly without panic as if he had already dissected Mu Qingfeng’s body in his mind. With a series of nimble and smooth movements, he made every step quick without dragging.

Mu Qingfeng had been fed with a decent amount of poppy powder by Yuan Wenxuan before the operation, so he seemed to feel not that kind of painful at all, instead, he was feeling dazzling like he was right now immersing into a delusion of inauthenticity.

Was his body cut open like this? So fierce?

After Song Qinghan determined the location where the tube should be inserted, he reached out and took the tube that Yuan Wenxuan had already disinfected. He carefully inserted it in. After a while, he saw bubbles slowly emerge from the dialysate and then he came to realize that the liquid on both sides of the tube had begun to be replaced. Finally he heaved a sigh of great relief, and then he ordered Yuan Wenxuan to fix the tube firmly and he commenced suturing the wound on Mu Qingfeng.

The operation almost came to its end after he succeeded suturing the wound. And the next task for them should be the careful observation.

Noticing that Yuan Wenxuan was packing up everything, the subordinates finally made a sound, but they did not dare to speak aloud, “Doctor Song, are you done with the operation?”

Song Qinghan shook his head and explained while washing his hands, “Well, I did succeed inserting the tube into his body, but we still need to take a further observation to see whether it will work on Chief Mu. Don’t worry, I will stay here.”

Those men exchanged their glances. They didn’t seem to be that kind of wise to understand the explanation of Song Qinghan.

Well, the fact was that they had never heard such a method of inserting tube to save people. Even though Mu Qingfeng wasn’t bleeding as they imagined, it was still kind of strange to see him in such a posture.

Although Mu Qingfeng was currently in a hallucination state, he still had his basic consciousness. When he heard the conversation between Song Qinghan and his subordinates, he looked down at the tube on his waist, “Doctor Song, I indeed feel much lighter and relaxed right now, is it the effect of that tube thing or the one from the poppy powder?”

Song Qinghan thought about it for a moment and felt that it was time for him to explain to them about the popular science in case that they probably would worry about something more. He pointed at the dialysate and explained, “Well, due to the malfunction of your kidney, the waste liquid which is supposed to be discharged by it now is not going to get out in a normal way. So I need to connect your kidney with the liquid outside, as long as the pressure difference was formed. The material your body needs will go in from the tube while the unnecessary ones will be discharged from it either. That’s why you are feeling much lighter.”

That was an explanation not that difficult to understand. Although Mu Qingfeng still did not know the precise principle of it, he now knew what he was facing currently, so he nodded, asking, “Alright, so do you mean that I have to live with the tube in the future, right?”

Although he didn’t mind staying in a room and simply giving his subordinates the issue orders to help him fulfill his wishes, it was still an unbearable way to live if he had to stay stationary without any movements.

If that was the picture he was about to accept in the remaining three years, probably it would worse than living for three months.

Song Qinghan answered directly, “Of course not. It depends on your physical situation to judge how long you should live with it. Well, I can’t even predict that for you about the precise time. I would suggest you to get a good rest now. Just call me if you detect any physical abnormalities, I will go get there and take a rest either.”

This operation didn’t seem to take a long time, but it was an exhausting task for Song Qinghan. If he was not worried that Yuan Wenxuan was not enough to deal with these people, he would probably have gone to the side to rest after the operation.

Mu Qingfeng nodded and closed his eyes obediently, drifting off to sleep not long later.

Ever since he was sick, he had never slept so peacefully. Even though the tube gave him a lot of strange feeling, his mood was exceptionally calm…

After a quarter of an hour, Song Qinghan finally got rid of the tense emotion. When he noticed that the host on the last auction was coming over, he came to greet, “Are you going to host other new auctions recently or not?”

The man seemed to be called “Old Xuan” by the others. He shook his head while delivering a smile to Song Qinghan, and then answered slowly, “It won’t be called an auction if it is going to be held everyday. So probably it is a divine will for you to get in the last auction arena, Doctor Song.”

Song Qinghan thought about it and realized that it was a truth. Yet whether the so-called ‘Divine Will’ was a blessing or a curse, he failed to define it.

Something seemed to have occurred to Old Xuan when he noticed that Song Qinghan was silent there, he then uttered in a leisurely tone, “Doctor Song, do you want to check out your merchandise? They seem not so good currently.”

Old Xuan added when he noticed that Song Qinghan turned his expression into an utterly shocking one, “Of course, it is not our fault to punish them on purpose. After all, to take them away successfully or not is still an unknown answer. But by the way, they seem to have already determined to perish, none of us had the capability to persuade them.”

In fact, Song Qinghan was stunned not because he thought that the people from the auction arena were harsh on the triplets, but because he had already completely forgotten about the triplets completely. If it wasn’t Old Xuan who came over and reminded, probably he wouldn’t remember them even until the operation completed.

But since he was reminded right now, he wouldn’t choose to ignore it. He nodded to Old Xuan, and then answered politely, “Then I might trouble you to lead the way, Lord Xuan. I would love to check out what is indeed happening there.”