Chapter 16

Hearing the sudden-changed decision made by the old man, Song Qinghan couldn’t even believe his ears. He stammered, saying, “Wh.. what? What did you say? ”

Without any further explanation, the old man took out a small-sized ingot from his clothes and put it into Song Qinghan’s hands. He lifted the bag full of the fruits and asked, “Is that enough?”

Holding the ingot, Song Qinghan turned to look at Wu Dahu with an intention of asking for help.

Wu Dahu nodded and then made a slight bow with his hands folded in front, saying, “That’s a lot, thank you. Do you mind my asking if you are the famous miracle-working doctor in Huichun Shop?”

The old man smiled and waved his hand, saying, “What miracle-working doctor? How come there exists such an all-powerful doctor in this world? I am just nobody.”

After that, he thought for a moment and said to Song Qinghan, “One week later, take another bag of these fruits to the Huichun Shop. If this fruit is confirmed to be indeed effective, and I will buy them all again. If it is useless though, I won’t blame you for anything, but I hope you will stop exaggerating the medical functions of this fruit, is that a good deal for you?”

Song Qinghan was in a daze hearing that. He then nodded and answered, saying, “Of course. If it shows no usefully medical functions at all, I won’t sell it again.”

The old man gave him a serious look, nodded and then turned around and left.

After the image of the old man disappeared from his sight, Song Qinghan sighed with emotion, saying, “How generous the old man is. We got the whole bag of the fruits sold all at once and he even takes them back for a self trial…”

Seeing that he did not understand, Wu Dahu explained, “So it turns out that Doctor Luo was once the Imperial Physician in the palace. Since he is old, he forced himself to a retirement and came back to his hometown. For his sake, Huichun Shop specially opens a pharmacy here. There is no need for him to manage the entire shop. What he only needs to do is meeting the patients when he is in mood. Therefore, his duration of the treatment is not fixed. But in such a case, there are still plenty of people coming over in meeting such a miracle doctor.”

Song Qinghan said with envy, “When can I have such treatment like him?”

It was the first time Wu Dahu heard him say such words. After a pause, he asked, “Do you want to be a doctor and run a pharmacy?”

Song Qinghan thought that Wu Dahu took his words so serious, he waved his hand and explained, “I just think it’s good to be able to become a top talent in a specific career and becomes a controller of his own life. I don’t mean to run a pharmacy or something. What I can do is just the stitches and sewing stuffs, it will kill me to let me recognize those herbs!”

If it wasn’t that hard to read “Compendium of Materia Medica”, a book recorded details of medical herbs, he probably would have chosen to study Chinese traditional medicine instead of Western medicine in the past.

After all, the profound knowledge of Chinese medicine was far more interesting in his point of view. The marvelous effect of different medicinal herbs together was much more fun than western style pills.

Wu Dahu nodded, as if he had understood what Song Qinghan explained, but somehow looked dumb standing there, and then he looked up at the sky aiming to estimate the time, saying, “Let’s go find a place to have lunch. After lunch, we’ll go buy something.”

Song Qinghan hadn’t eaten anything yet outside since they got here, so he said excitedly, “Great, so what are we gonna eat then?”

But as soon as he said this, he was dispirited and said in a grievance, “You people here can’t even use the seasoning. What kind of decent food can they make? It was better to chew the dried meat… ”