181

Wu Dahu seemed have learnt a lot about the ‘tricks’ that he would use Little Shitou as a shield to threaten Song Qinghan.

And indeed, it was definitely a trick he was unable to unveil because it was hard for him to ignore the feeling of Little Shitou. On the other hand, he would be totally relaxed with ease to entrust Hualian and Yuan Wenxuan to take care of the baby.

In fact, it should be mostly Hualian’s and Yuan Wenxuan’s credits to take care of Little Shitou the most of time even though Song Qinghan was the main role in taking that responsibility.

After all, this place full of ancient elements was not like the modern one he had been living in, they who gave birth to the baby should bear the main responsibility for parenting and raising. Unlike the modern time, femina fathers (maternal part) here seemed to be increasingly insignificant except the ten months before due day, kids would not be that much intimate with them.

However, even if it was not that intimate, it was still a piece of flesh which was apart from his body. Furthermore, Little Shitou was rather clever, pretty adorable with affectionately chubby face, and Song Qinghan loved him so much. He definitely would never be tired of accompanying by Little Shitou’s side if Wu Dahu wasn’t assigned with such a mission.

Well, fish and bear’s paw couldn’t be gained at the same time. In other word, he had to make a choice between husband and son.

Seeing that Wu Dahu had thrown another trouble, Song Qinghan now thought that a fierce glare couldn’t represent his current wrath in mind. So he rose from the seat directly, walked outward to the yard.

Although he didn’t look back, he knew that Wu Dahu would follow him obediently.

After he stood still in a circumstance with a bleak light, he turned around abruptly. Eyeing that Wu Dahu was behaving like a student who was about to get taught while looking at him with a puppy-like eyes, Song Qinghan failed to speak solemnly.

“Alas, I won’t leave Little Shitou behind. Don’t worry, but I can’t leave you behind either!” he suddenly uttered.

“How about this,” he paused and pondered, suddenly something seemed to occur to him in a flash, “I am considering taking Little Shitou with me and going to the front line together with those lame doctors, and you go to apply for the exemption for the combat but instead being a backup support with us. I won’t believe that the doctors at front line do not have any assistants at all.”

Embarrassment overwhelmed on Wu Dahu’s face when he heard so. He sank into a long silence without words after that, as if he never knew what he should say in the most appropriate way.

Noticing that, Song Qinghan added as if he had already seen through everything in Wu Dahu’s mind, “Well, sorry, the idea for you as a man among men might be a bit difficult, let me think of another way.”

Although Song Qinghan’s tone was rather flat when he said so, Wu Dahu could still clearly detect the grievance in his words. He then smiled bitterly and answered, “I will give it a try, but… It should be difficult.”

Actually, Song Qinghan also knew this principle. After all, He Ning did play a significant role in assisting Wu Dahu to gain such a decent official job. Since the other members in Imperial Guards were all involved in the war, he should join the combat either.

He sighed softly, looked down at Little Shitou who was sleeping sweetly in his arms and said softly, “We will negotiate later, there will be a way out anyway.”

“Alright.” responded Wu Dahu. His mind now was ladened with bunch of reluctance and sorrow when he detected the melancholy was climbing up between Song Qinghan’s eyebrows.