chapter 90

The carriage stopped slowly after a while of the journey, and then Song Qinghan jumped off it and raised his head staring at the grand mansion erupted in front of him. Oh well, it could be predicted from its magnificent layout that this family must get a much greater power than Old Man Gao and Old Zhu. But Song Qinghan couldn’t figure out why the family would choose such a remote place.

The servant at the gate bowed himself saluting to Old Zhu, and then the butler of the mansion came out in a jubilant pace, smiling brightly and saying, “Lord Zhu, you’re here! Our Master was just talking about you!”

Old Zhu smiled, and then he took a glance at Song Qinghan, while introducing, “This is…”

“Song Qinghan,” Song Qinghan echoed.

“Yes, yes, this is Doctor Song I got here! Lead us the way to your master now!” confirmed Old Zhu, embarrassed. Well, he should be since he didn’t know Song Qinghan’s name until now.

The smile on the butler’s face froze as he stared at Song Qinghan from head to toe in silence. And then he got quite awkward standing there and not believing that Song Qinghan was a real doctor. He pondered, and then uttered in hesitance, “Lord Zhu, please don’t mind me mentioning this… You should know exactly how sentimental our Master is, every time he got diagnosis from doctors, he got depressed for quite a long time. He wouldn’t hurry to move here if doctors there had made a right diagnosis.”

Old Zhu withdrew the expression on his face, and then nodded seriously and lowered his voice, promising, “I surely know that! But I can promise you that the diagnosis this time will be different, Doctor Song might give us some other answer out of it.”

Well, since Old Zhu had promised something like that, the butler got no other reason to dissuade anymore. He bowed in a way of politeness and then led the way. Through the passageway featuring an unfathomable length, they walked toward the innermost room which was sitting right at the center of this magnificent mansion.

Song Qinghan followed behind and looked around in the mansion with a great curiosity. Everything was just exquisite within it, the delicately carved eaves showed on the top of each side room with the steady drip of water from them, various bluish green plants blurred the edges of the hidden rockeries while the running water murmured with a crystal sound and the wild birds called jubilantly. He couldn’t help but recall the fact that “They just hurry to move here” the butler just mentioned, and got more curious about the identity of the owner of this mansion.

He could draw a conclusion now that the owner of this mansion should possess an incomparable economic situation no matter this mansion was newly built or bought.

It would be much mentally painful than physical one for a man who possessed a have tremendous property. Such a “Incurable Disease” was surely killing him.

However, beyond Song Qinghan’s expectation, the owner of this mansion was a far cry from the the figure of imagination in Song Qinghan’s mind. The owner of this mansion didn’t look like he was suffering or dying or being long tormented by the illness, but was peaceful and as calm as the one drawn on the paper.

It seemed that his eyes were full of astonishment when he noticed a stranger here in his mansion, but he didn’t take the initiative to ask, he stood there in silence as if he was just waiting for an answer from Old Zhu.

There was a rare embarrassment emerged on Old Zhu’s face, he then introduced Song Qinghan to the owner of the mansion again. Noticing that the owner of the mansion frowned tightly there, he hurriedly explained, “Su, you should know my grandson’s situation, right? He is able to get himself off the bed and walk now, it’s all Doctor Song’s contribution.”