chapter 57

The round face man looked close to despair after receiving the message from Song Qinghan.

Seeing that, Song Qinghan asked back with a sense of sympathy, “Are you that kind of hurried? Go and find those butchers for the spices.”

Shaking head, the man then answered with a gloomy face, “That’s not enough and I need more. After all, it’s such a strength-consuming thing for me to come here. And if it’s not because… Whatever, but no one can predict when the next time will be for me to come again. And maybe this is the last time I’m here.”

Song Qinghan shrugged, showing his pity for this man. But just as the couple turned around and ready to leave, Song Qinghan caught a glance at the strange marks on the man’s wrist.

Noticing that Song Qinghan was pausing all of a sudden, Wu Dahu turned his head and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Song Qinghan stared at Wu Dahu, asking tentatively, “Don’t we possess an unused room? Why don’t we just let him stay and once we’ve made the seasonings and spices, we can deliver him directly.”

Hearing so, the round face man regained his hope in his eyes, and then showed his eagerness to the response from Wu Dahu with half expectation and half anxiety.

If it was other man who heard that his femina husband was showing a great willingness to invite a stranger at home, he would probably be furious all at once. But Wu Dahu gave his answer without hesitation, saying, “Alright. Would you love to come back with us?”

“Yes, yes, I’d love to! Please wait for me for some minutes, I will go back the lodge for my package now.” answered the round face man, nodding hurriedly.

“Sure, take your time. And we’re heading to buy something, you can wait for us there.” responded Wu Dahu, pointing at the place in a distance.

It seemed that this chubby man was afraid that the couple would just leave without taking him while considering that he couldn’t even leave his package in that lodge, he pondered for a moment, saying, “Alright. I will be right back. If you guys finish your purchasing before I come back, please wait for me a bit.”

After that, he ran away and disappeared in a flash, as if he was launched by cannonball.

After the chubby man left, Wu Dahu turned his head to Song Qinghan and asked curiously, “Why did you just change your mind? Aren’t you afraid that he will steal our secret recipe?”

Well, Song Qinghan was regretful either, after all, the secret recipe to make spices or seasonings was their trump card that they had to strictly keep as a secret. Taking a stranger home was rather risky.

But recalling what he had seen just then on the man’s wrist, Song Qinghan had no choice and then he spoke to Wu Dahu, “That man once made a suicide before. I noticed the trace on his wrist, it’s how he cut his wrist.”

Taking a pause and showing a shocking look, Wu Dahu mumbled, “Did you notice the face of him when he heard that we have no seasoning left, he was showing a face of despair. Maybe he meets some troubles himself and attempts to grab a chance from our spices?”

Song Qinghan sighed, pondering and then answering, “Let’s play it by ear. As long as we don’t take him to the mountain and never show him how we process the spices. I think everything will just be fine.”

For a further thought of this matter and despite the negative impact, Song Qinghan would regarded it as a perfect virtue if he could lit up the flame of hope for the man who probably now was suffering a great depression.

Nodding, Wu Dahu didn’t show any special personal point in this matter. As long as it was Song Qinghan’s decision, he would just accompany with him.