122

When the master saw the femina man, helplessness and struggle overwhelmed his pair of eyes. He clenched his fists and said, “You should have known the rule within this village, Goudan’s femina father. If he fails to quit smoking this gadget for the third time, he should be thrown into the remotest place in the ice mountain with the accompany of the mountain ghosts. You know what the risks the drugsters bring, don’t you?”

Suddenly, a few expressionless men walked out of the room and tied up Goudan without hesitation.

Yet, it seemed that Goudan wasn’t aware of what was going to happen himself, and the smile on his face got even brighter while several strings of saliva lingered at the corner of his mouth.

Although Goudan’s femina father didn’t intervene to stop the action of those expressionless men, his tears fell down fiercely like a broken string. He looked at Goudan who seemingly was aware of nothing and shook his head while touching his own chest, as if he was too sorrow to say anything else.

Song Qinghan stood still witnessing the whole ‘Crime Scene’, just as those men were about to take Goudan and left the place, he shouted suddenly, “Are you guys going to abandon him just because he can’t make it to quit smoking?”

The master was utterly stunned, as if he didn’t expect that Song Qinghan would make a sound right at this moment. After all, from Song Qinghan’s previous action, he seemed to have no intention of participating in the affairs of the village.

Noticing that everyone’s gaze gathered altogether on him, Song Qinghan took a pause, and then answered slowly, “Probably I am able to help if it is just a drug addiction.”

It was Goudan’s femina father who reacted the fastest, with fingers crossed, he kneed down suddenly and then kowtowed to the master, choking with sobs, “Master, please sparse Goudan’s life! Please give him the last chance! If he can’t make it this time, I will send him to the forest my own.”

Nothing but only embarrassment could be found currently on the master’s expression, while all the other residents in the scene was putting on a face of hope, as well as suspicion. And then the master turned to Song Qinghan, whispering, “Are you sure? If you can’t make it…”

Song Qinghan glanced at him and said calmly, “You will send me to the remotest forest either if I can’t make it?”

The sudden interruption of Song Qinghan almost choked the master. Looking at Goudan who was giggling foolishly, he suddenly made up his mind, nodded and said, “Give him the last chance!”

The men loosened the tie for the Goudan. Though there were several sounds of complaint sounded among the crowd, they were nothing big. It seemed that this so-called master had gained a popularity here.

Song Qinghan understood the complaints of those people. It was obvious that many people here were addicted to drugs. Perhaps some of their relatives have been thrown into the forest because they failed to get rid of the addiction for the three chances. So, it was explainable when they saw Goudan could get the fourth chance, grudge towards the unfairness just festered in their minds.

But when they regained their awareness towards the whole matter, they felt cheerful instead just as the image of Goudan successfully being cured and getting rid of the drug addiction popped up in their minds. In another consideration, they themselves and their other family members would get the exemption to be sent to the forest. Probably they would finally appreciate in the end for not jumping out to object.

After the crowd dispersed, Song Qinghan approached to check out the condition of Goudan who was now rolling eyes, and then he spoke to the master, “What was the method you guys adopted to treat them?”