133

The scenery in the forest was pretty good. Among the vibrant green picture there occasionally jumped out one or two branches of wintersweet.

“Alright, it seems that different climates brings various stuffs. We can’t find those plants here, but fortunately, the spices are able to grow anywhere, our chance is coming.” said Song Qinghan expressionlessly while they were on the way walking.

Seeing that there wasn’t any trace of disappointment on Song Qinghan’s face, Wu Dahu felt quite relieved. Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of a trace of yellowness from the corner of his eyes. He then turned to gaze at it and then pointed, saying, “Is that little stuff edible?”

Song Qinghan’s gaze followed the direction where Wu Dahu pointed at. He took a suddenly pause in surprise as he noticed that there hung several plants which were just like bunch of tiny lanterns. He was aware that he should know the plants but memories failed him to recall the name of them.

Wu Dahu did not urge Song Qinghan but stood there without words. It should be their luck to search something here after all. If they did not find something they want, there was no loss at all anyway.

With a great curiosity, Song Qinghan approached to the plant, picked one of the fruits and then peeled off the skin of it. The next second he shouted in surprise, “Oh, it’s golden berry!”

In fact, Wu Dahu was just asking casually. He didn’t believe that the little thing he just casually mentioned could be edible at all. But after Song Qinghan’s shout, he picked another one of the fruits and pinched it with his fingers, asking, “We can we eat this stuff then?”

Song Qinghan took out the golden yellow fruit directly from the remaining skins, and then threw the fruit into his mouth, chewing and confirming, “Oh, that’s it! Just eat it like this, it’s kind of sour and sweet, not a bad taste. But we should eat them as they are fresh, they won’t be with a good flavor if we make them into dry one.”

Without waiting for Wu Dahu to react, Yuan Wenxuan couldn’t help but pick one and throw into his mouth. His eyes lit up suddenly as he bit the fruit and tasted the juice. With a surprise, he exclaimed, “It indeed tastes so good!”

Seeing the little boy kept picking the fruits and tucking them into his mouth but stopped suddenly without any sign, Song Qinghan smiled and explained as if he had seen through Yuan Wenxuan’s worry, “This thing has an anti-inflammatory effect, don’t worry, just eat as you want.”

Hearing that, Yuan Wenxuan smiled in return in awkwardness. He kept picking and throwing some of them into the basket on his back while eating the others.

Little Shitou stared at the three of them eating golden berries in turn. He stretched out his hands and whimpered. Noticing that everyone was just ignoring him, he suddenly cried, “Daddy! Eat!”

Wu Dahu was utterly dumbfounded standing there. He looked at Little Shitou’s chubby face as several golden berries were still remained in his mouth. And then he picked another one from the plant in his hand, teasing, “What did you say? Say it again.”

Little Shitou stared at the tempting golden berry in Wu Dahu’s hand, he tried his best to open wide his eyes while babbling, “Daddy! Daddy!”

Wu Dahu laughed happily as he clearly heard two sounds of “Daddy” from Little Shitou’s mouth. He laughed in excitement as if the warming call just swept all the gloom out in his mind. He delivered the golden berry to Little Shitou’s mouth while pinching Little Shitou’s chin, and then squeezed the berry juice inside the baby’s mouth.

Little Shitou’s eyes lit up all of a sudden either as Yuan Wenxuan reacted after tasting the exceptional flavor, and then again he grabbed tight on Wu Dahu’s arm, babbling even more fiercely, “Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!”