172

Wu Dahu smiled, reached out to hug Song Qinghan in his arms and uttered lovingly and indulgently, “Have you ever been unreasonable before? You don’t even know how to talk nonsense. To be honest, I am so lucky to have you.”

Song Qinghan hugged Wu Dahu tight by the waist, and buried his head into Wu Dahu’s chest, while hearing the rhythmic heartbeat which calmed him down at ease quietly. Words would totally fail to describe how he felt currently, yet love and sweetness were in the air. Song Qinghan hoped so much that the time would just pause at this moment.

It seemed that something occurred to Wu Dahu all of a sudden, and then he uttered with a serious expression, “So how are you going to treat that so-called Chief Mu?”

He probably wouldn’t bother to ask if situation was like the ones in the past. Yet the affair this time was totally different, and it seemed that the disease Mu Qingfeng got was hard to cure, otherwise, this guy wouldn’t have got himself a bevy of doctors and none of them was able to treat it. He would still obtain more details to see if he could lend a hand or not.

Noticing that Wu Dahu was quite sincere being all eagerness to know further, Song Qinghan didn’t choose to hide it away, and then he answered directly, “He has got partial kidney failure while there are residuum and redundant water lingering in his kidney, and they can’t be exported naturally. So what I am going to do is to make an equipment, so as to help him export the residuum and water.”

“And,” he paused with a heavy sigh, “haemodialysis doesn’t work here, so I am going to try a method called peritoneal dialysis to see if it works. If it can’t either…”

Such specialized vocabularies were too obscure for Wu Dahu to understand, so he did not understand mostly. He did not bother to ask further at the same time, yet he asked a question he most cared about, “So is there anything I can help?”

Song Qinghan thought about it and said honestly, “I need a slender and tough tube. It would be the best if you can find a transparent one. As for the material, as long as it is not easy to shatter and rust, it will be fine.”

The tube should be the biggest trouble for him now. After all, it was impossible for him to acquire any polymer materials here, so he could only attempt to find its substitute.

Wu Dahu nodded thoughtfully and kept Song Qinghan’s words carefully in his mind. He intended to use his contacts in the Imperial Guard team and gathered several newly-acquainted brothers to search around within the Yueban City. If they could find nothing within the city, they would go check the towns surrounded. If nothing could be found in the surrounding towns, they would set off to remote places. Anyway, that was a life-related mission for Song Qinghan.

In fact, Song Qinghan got another way in his mind, he could ask the men in auction arena to assist to find the materials too. But now he just wanted to make an experiment which required nothing specialized. Only if he found that the method was feasible could he let them find high-quality materials. At that time, it could help improve the success rate of the treatment.

After some discussion, they went to bed early and prepared to welcome the challenge next day with full energy.

As the first sunlight the next day beamed in through the window in their house, Song Qinghan had already been on the street intending to binge-purchase.

Even though it was just an experiment, the chosen experimental object should at least be similar to the human being. Otherwise, the final data obtained from the experiment might be with no reference value, and even worse, it probably would bring some unexpected serious mistake.

In a further consideration, Song Qinghan finally made a decision to choose an adult pig as the experimental object for this experiment.

The reason why he chose a pig was not entirely because the body size of the hog and the one of human being were similar, but also because the cost was low. After all, he couldn’t make sure that he was able to be successful for just one shot. If he chose a creature like monkey or something else, it was impossible for him to obtain more to have a ‘Mass Persecution’.

He asked the seller to distribute the chosen hogs to his house. And he continued his ‘shopping’, attempting to find a substitute to the dialyzate.

He could definitely go to a random hospital and purchase a big vat of dialyzate if he was in the modern time right now. Yet he was in the ancient times, he had to allocate it himself.

Speaking of the dialyzate, it was indeed something not that kind of complicated. As long as he was able to allocate the composition of the liquid much more similar to the one of the human blood, it would be fine. Yet here he got no way to acquire an equipment for measurement, how could he come to know the actual composition of the dialyzate he was about to allocate?

He wandered on the street browsing causally while considering something in his mind. When he suddenly caught a glimpse of an old man who was pulling the trolley backwards, something occurred to him in his mind.

Since he had to try his best to make the composition of the liquid match to the human blood, why shouldn’t he figure out the composition of the liquid by analyzing the blood itself?

It seemed that as the way of thinking reversed, this such problem was quite easy to resolve right now.

Now the situation was totally reversed, like he knew the answer but didn’t know the problem solving steps just then. And that was still troublesome because with no precise steps, knowing the answer was nothing. Yet now he did know the problem solving steps but did not know the answer.

Well, not knowing the answer wasn’t a curse at all. As long as he was able to follow the right solving steps, and make every single step correct without mistake, he would finally get the answer.

Song Qinghan who now was suddenly enlightened rushed directly to the bazaar, and purchased several packs of fresh pig blood and pig intestines. After that, he headed to the iron shop to buy the other necessary materials and then went back home.

Yuan Wenxuan knew something might have happened since he noticed that Song Qinghan brought so many materials back home today. After the explanation from Song Qinghan, he showed his great curiosity and then congregated all his attention being a right-handed man for Song Qinghan.

To be honest, even if he learned a lot of modern medical knowledge from Song Qinghan, he still couldn’t understand what Song Qinghan did this time.

Using a tube to infuse the necessary liquid into the body and then expel the non-necessary liquid. That was indeed a picture beyond his imagination.

After all, should it mean that the human body was nothing but a container if such a treatment finally done at the end? A container which was rather controllable for human to operate?

Although Yuan Wenxuan was rather confused about this point, he did not intend to be offhand with Song Qinghan. Well, probably this was the biggest merit and virtue of him, he fully trusted Song Qinghan anytime and at any scenes. Especially when it came to the medical skills, he would definitely prepare everything without hesitation even if one day Song Qinghan told him that he was about to process an operation of head transplanting.

According to his own knowledge and memories, Song Qinghan roughly made a simplified dialysis machine using the materials he had purchased from the blacksmith. And then found a random long and slender reed rod, intending to make it as the substitute to the conduit.

After everything was all set, he put the pig intestines into the pot and used a spoon to scrape off serous fluid of the mucous membrane, wrapped up the intestine skin and put them into the water for soaking.

After repeatedly treating the intestine skin, he poured the serous fluid of the mucous membrane into the soaking liquid. And after the deposition, he poured all the liquid out and then poured in some high concentration liquor and then placed the pot on the cooking range, toasted them until they finally became powders.

As the powders formed, he scooped up several of them using a totally disinfected spoon in an uncertain movement. And then poured them into the fresh pig blood, stirring.

Seeing that the pig’s blood didn’t show any signs of solidifying for a long time, he secretly sighed in relief. Finally, he reacted to explain to Yuan Wenxuan, and then he pointed at the powder, uttering, “This is called heparin, it is perfect in avoiding the blood solidification. Well, once the blood solidifies, it can’t be infused into human body.”