chapter 97

It was not until the sunlight beamed in through the windows did the two woke up naturally. They got up, put on their shoes and when he got to the kitchen they found that breakfast was already served. Yuan Wenxuan was not only a talent on learning but on caring people, Wu Dahu and Song Qinghan appreciated much for that. They enjoyed the breakfast, and then headed to the mountain.

With the experience of the last time they entered the mountain, they did not take it so long to find the place where monk fruits and the row materials of seasoning grew.

Considering that he still owed Old Zhu and Old Man Gao a debt, Song Qinghan had asked Wu Dahu to make him a customized basket in a larger volume in advance. In that case, they were able to carry more fruits than ever.

Ever since the wound on his lower abdomen had healed, he started to exercise consciously. Although he was still not fit to show a candle to Wu Dahu, he got much stronger than before. At least biceps could be seen on his arms right now.

With that thought, he suddenly reached out and pinched Wu Dahu’s biceps, he drooped with emotional combination of envy and complacency.

Why he got envy was that Wu Dahu’s body had always maintained so well, and because of his martial arts practice, he seemed to have a tendency to develop in a better build. Why he got complacency was that such a good body all belonged to him alone.

But when would it be the right time for him to enjoy such a body? As his mind went wilder and wilder, Song Qinghan stood there, giggling.

Wu Dahu noticed the envy flashing in Song Qinghan’s eyes. He smiled and said indulgently, “Do you want to learn something about martial skills? I can teach you a set of pugilistic skills, and you can practice when you’re free.”

Song Qinghan got his eyes lit up all of a sudden and then he nodded vigorously. And then he recalled the words Wu Dahu said yesterday, adding, “Didn’t you say that you are practicing something called halberd? Teach me that one!”

He got no great strength as Wu Dahu did, and even if he got a profound pugilistic skills, he would definitely get beaten if he got the chance to fight with someone in close combat. But situation would be totally different if he could grab a weapon in hands for the sake of his craftsmanship. He got unique advantage that he didn’t even need to get himself closer to his enemy.

Obviously Wu Dahu had considered something like that too, he nodded vigorously and then picked up two round-headed sticks on the ground, delivered one of them to Song Qinghan, saying, “Keep your eyes on me.”

Wu Dahu got into the groove of moving as his expression became solemn all of a sudden. He was wholly absorbed in his world moving smoothly with the stick in hand, while his movements were like a floating clouds and flowing water, which made Song Qinghan be overwhelmed with dizziness catching the sight. And then it was an excitement emerged on his face, and he acclaimed clapping his hands.

Being a martial hero should be a dream of every single man, at least Song Qinghan shared the same one. Although Wu Dahu’s previous pugilistic techniques are quite powerful, they are unstructured and unaesthetic. And all he got was just a brute strength aiming to kill the enemies. Well, it would be not suitable for Song Qinghan to learn such a skill.

But after witnessing the whole set of movements, Song Qinghan not only rekindled the martial arts dream in his mind, but also gained a new understanding of Wu Dahu’s martial arts talent.

Wu Dahu possessed a calm temper himself, and every day he came back home from the Martial Club, he would confess that he hadn’t done a good job. So Song Qinghan would think that such a martial skill was quite a difficult task for Wu Dahu. But from what he could see from the current situation, it was quite promising and amazing for Wu Dahu to make the movements so smooth without a solid foundation.