chapter 29

It was such a sensitive question that made Wu Pinglang kept his silence, but then he opened his mouth and said, “The fact is, Dahu is already married and gets a wedded husband. This definitely won’t work.”

Seeing that Wu Pinglang wasn’t trapped by his tricks, Xiang Tiange got his expression a bit sullen, and then continued to say, “Well, it doesn’t matter. Since he can marry, he can divorce.Furthermore, you should know the characteristic of his current husband.”

Wu Pinglang looked at him in surprise, thought for a moment, and then shook his head and said, “This is the domestic affair of Dahu’s own. We being outsiders have no rights to impede. He can deal with it by his own.”

Hearing that, Xiang Tiange finally could understand why Mei Xilin would be that kind of capricious. The hypocrisy on his countenance happened to crack.

What a rotten dumbass Wu Pinglang was! How was he able to take office and became the head villager himself being that dumb and fool?

Just as the matter was come to a deadlock, Mei Xilin suddenly came out and greeted Xiang Tiange. Then he slowly said to Wu Pinglang, “Dear, I think we should step in the affair of Dahu!

Wu Pinglang frowned slightly, but still kept his manner, saying, “We are negotiating right away! You shouldn’t come out at the moment, just go inside!”

Mei Xilin continued to utter ignoring Wu Pinglang, saying, “See? Dahu was born under such an environment. Let’s make it straight, he didn’t get a good education and doesn’t know the etiquette at all. We being the seniors in the village have the rights and responsibilities to educate him. You should step in earlier, so that Dahu wouldn’t get himself down and indulged in such consequence. If we dig it deep, you should bear the most responsibility for that.”

Xiang Tiange was stunned hearing what Mei Xilin said, it seemed that what he had just said was without any logic but was still quite shocking.

He was shocked by that, let alone Wu Pinglang, the one who had no such complex thoughts in mind.

Wu Pinglang squinted his eyebrows with his pupils getting twitched violently. It seemed that he had heard completely the words and digested them.

“Is that my fault? Brother Xiang, do you really think so?” asked Wu Pinglang, as he was hesitated to do so.

Xiang Tiange regained his attention from his dumbness and then nodded, saying in a serious way, “True dat! But I don’t even know how to say that to you as a peer and brother. It probably will make you upset. I have to say that Xilin is quite a rational one.”

Wu Pinglang took a glance at Xiang Tiange and then looked at Mei Xilin, indulging himself into a self-suspicion, he said in hesitation, “Then… then how can I compensate that?”

Xiang Tiange caught the sight when Mei Xilin tipped him the wink, coughing slightly, and saying, “Of course you should correct him from his origin, since he got a great change because of that witch using witchcraft works. If that witch disappears and Dahu marries my son and later he can attend the military skill competition, everything will surely back on track. At that time, he will regain his bright future ahead of him.”

“Moreover…” Xiang Tiange continued to utter and took a glance at Wu Pinglang, “It will be such a great honor to your village if Dahu becomes the No.1 Scholar in the future. Brother Wu, think about it, at that time you will surely get yourself famous cultivating such a prodigy.”

Wu Pinglang wasn’t reacting excitingly hearing the words, but he sank into a thought for a while, and then frowned, saying, “I’ve never heard that Dahu’s husband had done something wrong before, it will be impossible if I force Dahu to get divorce with him without reasons!”