Chapter 17

They thought the man would argue with them about the price, but he didn’t. He directly went back to work and waved his hand, saying, “15 silver coins, don’t ever try bargain with me!”

Seeing that he was so rude, Song Qinghan was also annoyed. He grabbed Wu Dahu’s hand and walked back, saying with rage, “If he keep being rude like that, we won’t buy it here. Let’s check other shops!”

Wu Dahu hesitated for a moment, but then he told the truth, saying, “Umm.. this is the only one nearby.”

Song Qinghan paused and said with a sullen face, “Is there no other way?”

He felt so much reluctant to go back for another bargain with that guy.

Wu Dahu mused for a while and said, “It’s not that there’s no other way. Actually…I can make a bed myself.”

Hearing this, Song Qinghan’s eyes lit up. He clapped his hands and said, “Then you can make one by your own. Why should we go out and find a shop, it’s either expensive or annoying to negotiate.”

It was such a time-wasting and strength-consuming work to make a bed, which prevent him from doing other things but just focusing on this process. And if he focused only on that, they probably couldn’t earn money those days. Therefore, Wu Dahu had never mentioned that before, but now it seemed that if a sixth-meter wide elm bed cost fifteen silver coins, he would better choose to use these coins for daily life. For now, he would put aside other things and spend time making a bed.

Wu Dahu also thought about this and nodded, saying, “Then let’s go buy some tools and make a bed by our own. Moreover, there are quite a lot elm trees in the back mountain.”

Song Qinghan nodded excitedly, saying in admiration, “You are such a skilled craftsman. How smart of you!”

Seeing that there seemed to a beaming countenance showing on his face, Wu Dahu said honestly, “I’m not that skilled as my father, he is a real CRAFTSMAN. I learn a lot from him.”

Hearing this, Song Qinghan carefully asked a question he longed to ask, “Is your father… gone?”

Wu Dahu was silent for a while and said with a gloomy look, “Yeah, he was drunk that night, but still went up the mountain but was attacked by a bear. When I found him, he was already in danger of dying, and then died soon.”

Song Qinghan got his mind tightened and then whispered with apology, saying, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

Wu Dahu shook his head leisurely and raised his head in a slight angle, looking at the horizon far over the sky, he said slowly, “It’s fine. Maybe for him, that would be a relief.”

Song Qinghan could clearly hear another layer of his words, it was probably a relevant case of Wu Dahu’s femina dad. But no matter how curious Song Qinghan was, it was not appropriate to poke the scar at this moment. Seeing that he was in a trance, Song Qinghan couldn’t help saying, “Let’s go buy some tools now. Make your bed as soon as possible. It’s good that you don’t have to sleep on the ground with just some simple stuffs. If winter comes, you won’t be able to bear on that.”

Wu Dahu regained his wits, nodded and led him to the iron shop. It only costed them one silver coins for all the tools.

Then they went to buy something like rice, oil and other daily necessities, and thenwent back home taking an oxen carriage nearby.

The sun hadn’t fallen yet, Wu Dahu thought a while and told Song Qinghan that he would go cut some woods and collected some back.

Song Qinghan just happened to be preparing to go into the mountain to pick some more fructus momordicae. So the two put down all stuffs in their hands and went into the back mountain together.