Chapter 11

The next morning, Song Qinghan got up together with Wu Dahu and headed to the back mountain.

It was a back mountain misty and cloudy, with a sense of creepy coldness.

They found that the place where they dug the Chinese yam left a bald area, however, it was quite smart for Wu Dahu not to dig all of them out but kept some under the ground, aiming to get another harvest next year.

Due to the bald area, the vegetation downhill could been seen clearly from some angles.

Song Qinghan stared at that corner and suddenly shouted, “Dahu, go pick that fruit for me.”

It wasn’t a kind of easy task for Song Qinghan to go downhill, so he would prefer to ask him to do so. And Wu Dahu complaisantly went over to pick a fruit in a bluish yellow color and then delivered it to Song Qinghan.

Staring at the appearance of Song Qinghan, he couldn’t help but remind, warning, “We got a name of it here – ‘sweet-to-death’. Being called that name, it is edible, but you will get a sense of paralysis on your tongue after tasting it. So I will assume to have just a lick if you get yourself in an extreme starvation. But no one would really take a risk of that.”

However, Song Qinghan didn’t even wait until Wu Dahu finished his explains, he tore the fruit apart and licked one piece of them.

Seeing that, Wu Dahu grabbed the fruit over and looked at his lips nervously, asking, “Are you alright? How about your tongue? Let me check it out!”

Song Qinghan opened his mouth and put his tongue out, saying with a teasing tone, “It’s not a big deal, I just lick it a bit.”

Wu Dahu sighed with relief hearing that and noticing there was nothing bad emerged,  but in the next seconds, his sight fell on the juicy and pink lips of Song Qinghan for a while.

Song Qinghan didn’t notice his sight. He just pouted and nodded satisfactorily, “That’s it. Take all these fruits!”

Wu Dahu took a pause at the moment. He got no words to say eventually, but walked over again and picked all those bluish yellow fruits.

“Han…” said Wu Dahu as he was picking the fruits.

At the same time, Song Qinghan was carefully searching other places. But he turned over his head after hearing the voice of Wu Dahu, asking, “What happened?”

It seemed that Wu Dahu took a quite long while for a hesitation and organized his words, and then the man asked after some seconds, “How do you know that these fruits are edible? And the ‘itch stick’ and those ‘piercing balls’?”

Song Qinghan was tight in his mind, not considering that Wu Dahu would notice the details.

It could be blamed for the memory loss for not recognizing these stuff, but as for the edible things, how could he make an excuse?

Wu Dahu glanced at him and saw his grave look, suddenly he lowered his head and whispered, “Actually some parts of your memories have been carried back, right? Did you learn these from the town?”

Grabbing the chance, Song Qinghan hurriedly nodded and said, “Right, you’re right. I did get some of my memories back and I have seen these things in books before, so I recognized them when I saw them!”

Hearing his reply, Wu Dahu showed a look of “AS EXPECTED”. Suddenly, he stopped picking the fruit and avoided their eyes contact and asked carefully, “Then when all your memories come back, will you…will you resent me as before?”

Song Qinghan was stunned, and he said vaguely, “It shouldn’t be. What’s the point of that?”

He didn’t dare to look at Wu Dahu because of his guilty conscience, so he didn’t notice the sadness in Wu Dahu’s eyes.