185

After bidding farewell to Luo Haiyun, Song Qinghan walked towards the Hening’s residence without even a second thought.

Actually, even if he didn’t want to trouble Hening with this matter, he still wanted to greet Hening for the other matters about the mixed-race man and the triplets.

Even though Hening didn’t have any real power within the Yueban City, his identity was still noble while with the royal mission to marry. All the officials still needed to respect him no matter who they were, otherwise probably the black gauze caps on their heads would be taken off sooner or later.

Song Qinghan managed to walk into the residence with ease, and the next moment he couldn’t help but smile bitterly when he noticed that Hening was lying inside the hall insulated by the green curtain of tall crops leisurely enjoying the music and drama show.

If he was not familiar with Hening, he would probably think that Hening’s current action was no difference from a saying describing “At the palace gate came the smell of wine and meat; out in the road the folks are frozen to death”. But on the contrary, he knew Hening’s personality the best, everything Hening was doing was so natural and normal.

If there was no drama on the stage right away, probably those who were frozen to death outside the mansion was nobody but the entertainers.

At the moment Hening caught the glimpse of Song Qinghan, he raised his eyebrows and then uttered plainly, “Are you coming here for paying me back the present?”

Song Qinghan was stunned and suddenly remembered the bag of  fried lotus petals Hening had given him that day. He looked down at his absolutely empty hands and felt a little flustered.

However, when his eyes caught sight of the steamed taro on the table besides Hening, he suddenly got an idea in his mind and then asked back in confidence, “Your Highness, have you ever tried sugar taro before?”

Hening thought about it for a while and then shook his head slightly, delivering Song Qinghan a wry smile, “Are you going to make one for me now?”

For some reason, Song Qinghan felt that the smile on Hening’s face was a little mischievous, but he still calmly said, “That’s right, Your Highness. Last time you made me a fresh one, and this time I will make you a fresh one either, only making in this way can it be called a repaying present.”

Hening smiled again and waved his hand casually, ordering to the servants, “Go prepare the ingredients for him.”

Song Qinghan did not hesitate at all and introduced everything he needed to make the sugar taro, and after that, he sat naturally down in front of Hening.

If Song Qinghan were the other person, probably such an action would be of much impoliteness and was definitely a blasphemy against imperial power. But Hening criticized nothing about Song Qinghan’s behavior, probably that was indeed the tacit understanding between them.

“Say it, what’s the matter today?”

Just as Song Qinghan was organizing his words in mind, Hening spoke directly with a casual tone as if he was just intending to discuss about the weather today.

Song Qinghan touched his head in a hurry, and then it was a great relief. He smiled slightly and answered, “You’re quite wise, aren’t you? But maybe it’s truth that I won’t even come without anything wanting your assistance.”

After that, he confessed to Hening about everything from the day he left the residence to the recent events. Noticing that Hening’s expression was getting increasingly sullen, Song Qinghan uttered directly as if he had seen through Hening’s thought, “Don’t worry about it, one trouble is indeed troublesome, but since troubles comes in droves, you will find nothing is going to annoy you at all.”