198

Song Qinghan paused as his movement holding the teacup in hand froze suddenly, and then he placed the teacup back on the table, while saying expressionlessly, “It’s fine, get up, it’s nothing but just a teapot, nothing is going to be serious unless you get scalded.”

Lianyue got his body shivering, rose from the ground slowly, and then sat down on the seat weakly. He begged while lowering down his head, “Mistress, I want to hang out for a brief moment, is that fine?”

As a response, Song Qinghan pretended to not know anything, yet after that he spoke out of purpose, “Where are you heading to? The Grand Coordinator is coming over later, if he finds that someone is missing within the house, he probably will make an investigation on you.”

Hearing that, Lianyue raised his head suddenly, with a trace of complicated emotion mixed in his eyes, and then he answered in a low voice, “The Lord is coming over? Will he stay for dining with us? Have Hualian purchased some pears? I heard that the soup of rock sugar and pear stew is rather friendly to treat the cough, and I noticed that the Lord was coughing seriously just then.”

Song Qinghan tapped the table with his fingers and said in an interrogating tone, “Well, it’s not a good news for the Grand Coordinator to come over here, let alone to stay for dining with us? It would be a good news for him not to be refused in return already.”

When it came to the affairs in Wu Dahu’s family, Lianyue was always an outsider and knew nothing in this family. So once he was informed with such a news, he couldn’t help but ask, “Mistress, what’s going on out there? Why will the Lord Grand Coordinator visit us today personally?”

Noticing that the topic they were now talking about was finally being on track, Song Qinghan delivered another faint smile while uttering, “In general, someone is framing us of collaborating the Northern minorities. And if we can’t give him a reasonable answer, all my family members will welcome the huge catastrophe.”

Hearing that, Lianyue got tense suddenly, it was the first time for him to finally realize that the current situation was on the verge of danger, he then asked out of nervousness, “Then what should we do?”

Song Qinghan took another sip of tea and said softly, “If this matter is going to be solved smoothly, and probably I will be at a good mood. At that time probably I will be cooler upon getting along with the Grand Coordinator, and maybe I will tell him about all I know to help treat him to get rid of that annoying coughing symptom.”

Once the bait was put down, Lianyue, the biggest fish in the water, was hooked in a flash. He hurried to respond in an anxious tone, “Or maybe, maybe we can send someone out to be a scapegoat? Anyway, if there is someone to confess the guilt, the issue will be solved perfectly,  right? ”

Seeing so, the confusion in Song Qinghan’s mind was going further.

He would never believe that the relationship between Lianyue and the Grand Coordinator was ordinary, but if it was not ordinary, why did the Grand Coordinator refuse to accept Lianyue when then met again? Should it be that the Grand Coordinator once saved Lianyue in an accident? No way, Lianyue was raised by a performer family since he was a child, so the possibility for him to once travel to the Yueban City was faint.

He came to answer while thinking, “It is indeed one of the ways out, but who will volunteer to be the scapegoat then? And he should fabricate a reasonable story for that, it’s not that easy…”

Lianyue frowned as if he had found the difficulty of the issue itself either. With his eyes rolled slightly, and at the moment when he glance at his belly, he suddenly spoke as if something in his mind occurred to him abruptly, “Mistress, let me be the one. I’ve got a reason for myself, I can confess to the Lord that the child in my belly belongs to a man from the Northern minorities…”