What he said

Back to exile arc, yeyyyyy...

I always try to update around 8 or 9 pm and I was wondering, what time are you reading this? Just curious, you don't have to answer. I'm just wondering what time is it for you when I post.

Anyway, I felt like writing something between fluff and angst? Something in between. And thought, why not about exile arc?

Hope you enjoy and remember to take care of yourself!

Angst mixed with fluff
TW:: mention of abuse, blood

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

His mind was wandering somewhere else, as he tried to his best to focus on what his friends were talking about. However, it seemed almost impossible when the memory came at him like one man and stayed in his head, clinged to his sanity like a worm.
Unknowingly to him, his friends had enough time to notice that something was wrong. The way he was acting, the worried and troubled look along with him zoning out all the time. And whenever they asked him something, he would only mumble something and then fall quiet once again. It concerned them, especially since Tommy was the one to never shut up, not that they minded him.
They galanced at each other, both shrugging their shoulders and galancing back at Tommy who was so deep in thoughts that he didn't even notice the two slow down a little. Now they knew something was up and they needed to know what. This Tommy was not the one they knew.

"What are we supposed to do?" The older one asked, observing closely the one in front of them.

"I don't know, ask him something? You know, that will pull him out of this trance?" The second male said, before following the younger. "I don't know Phil, you do it. I'm terrible at confronting people"

Phil sighed, shaking his head and following the two. He had to come up with something as quick as possible. For sure, there was something that could help Tommy, right? Since the day he came to them, basically escaping the exile he was never the same. What the hell could possibly happen in the exile, that made him like this? The only people to blame were Dream and Tubbo. Tubbo who exiled him and Dream who was watching him in exile. Surely, if something bad happened, it would be Dream's fault. Think whatever you want, but it's not daily thing to see Tommy so quiet and distance.

"Let's go home, we will thing later"

Meanwhile Tommy, who walked ahead of the group not even noticing it, muttered to himself something before another memory flashed in his head.

"What did I Say about hiding things from me?"

When did he say that? Right, when he found his hidden chests.

"Why can't you just listen?!"

It was the time when he didn't do what he said, which costed him a lot of pain. He was a bad guy, yet he patched him up and promised to never do it again. He promised, so why did he do the same thing the next day? Was it because he misbehaved? Or was Dream in bad mood?

"You are useless! You can't even find yourself food! God, why did I even agreed to watch you?"

Was he that bad? Did Dream forget that he had to give him his thing, including food so he could blow it up? Maybe it really was his fault that he couldn't find more food. After a week, nowhere in his surrounding was any animals. With nothing but a small tent and wooden sword he couldn't even catch a fish, which left him with nothing to eat for days.

"If you leave, I will kill you, understand? Don't even try me"

He did leave and here he was, still alive. Probably because it was Techno and Philza who took him to their home and protected him. Alone he probably would be dead by now. I mean, he was useless so how would he survive this long alone?
Two days maybe, before he would die either from hunger or monsters would get to him.