Only if you knew the truth

My motivation is just dead. Don't expect anything long or interesting.

Enjoy this short and angst one shot mixed with lil bit of fluff.

TW: mention of death, slight abandoning,

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tommy might be young, but he's really smart despite his age

Tommy might be young, but he's really smart despite his age. There's was something in him that told whenever something was wrong or of someone was sad or upset. Some said that he had a strong smell sense and could smell people's aura. Others said that he was just experienced with that types of things and could tell what someone was feeling because of the way they acted or talked. And some even said that it was just his talent he developed with years.
And whoever was right, it was incredible. He found it very helpful since he was able to feel if his friends were upset and he could either help them it comfort them like a good friend would do. Maybe that was the reason why he was always checking up and visiting his friends from time to time, only to make sure they were okay and happy. And most of the time they were happy, sometimes only stressed out or nervous. But whenever he checked up on them, their mood would lighten up. You could tell he was a therapist of everyone who needed him.

And then there was Fundy, his 10 years old nephew. Young and adorable fox hybrid, son of his older brother and Sally the Salmon. His favorite and only nephew he could stand and spend all day without getting annoyed or bored. Fundy had something in this bug eyes tht melted Tommy's heart whenever he looked in them. He  just had the purest heart you would ever see.
But unfortunately, it wasn't always that happy.
Earlier he was lost, not knowing who he really is and feeling comfortable. He didn't know who to ask, being afraid of being called out or just bullied. But then, one day his uncle visited. And boy, if you saw the surprise look on his face when he found out about the truth.

But let's start from the start.

-_-_-_-_-_-

Fundy was playing in the field, running around and trying to catch some butterflies. Meanwhile, his father was out to do some business, leaving the kid alone and on his own. But it wasn't the first time, so Fundy know how to take care of himself. At some point, at least.
He was too focused on his fun, not noticing someone coming closer to him. The blue and red butterflies flew around, sitting on flowers and dodging Fundy's small paws.
It wasn't long when he spotted the new figure approaching him.

"Uncle Tommy!" Young fox hybrid yelled, abandoning and completely forgetting about the small creatures.

"Hey buddy!" Tommy kneeled down to the foxes eye level and giving him a small kiss on the head. "How my favorite kid doing?"

It was obvious that Fundy saw Tommy as other father figure, who was way better at being a father than Wilbur. On the other hand, Tommy completely adored Fundy and promised to himself that he will keep the kid safe. Who wouldn't protect the absolutely adorable kid?