Don't go there

My Wattpad broke at least 3 times while I was writing this and I'm slowly starting to lose my patience :)

Anyway, hope you have a good day/night and remember to take care of yourself! I love you, you are beautiful/handsome, you look great today!

Hope you enjoy~

Angst and lil bit of fluff at the end.
TW: mention of manipulation, maybe slight gore

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

There was an old legend about a creature living in the forest. It was said that the creature was six feet tall, unnaturally long arms and legs, no face and whole body covered in green veins along with smoke floating around it. The books said that the creature lived deep in the dark forest, away from humans reach. It never excited the forest, only appearing to human's eye when they entered the forest and went deep enough for it to show. However, escaping the forest seemed impossible after seeing the creature. The forest seemed to live on it's own, trapping you inside as you waited for the creature to come and eventually kill you.

In fear of losing their kids, adults used to tell them the legend so they wouldn't wander into the forest. Many strong men tried to find the beast and kill it, however it was impossible.
So, the best thing they could do was to make sure everyone were aware of the creature lurking around in the forest and not let anyone enter it. But unfortunately, there were still kids that did not listen to their parents. And that's exactly what happened to one little girl, who was just trying to find better life out there. The life had different plans whatsoever and prepared a little surprise for her.

-_-_-_-_-_-

Clementine was a little girl
Afraid of the big, wide world
She grew up within her house walls

Clementine was raised in a small lab as a experiment, not knowing anything about the outside world. She grew up without any information about what was happening outside and she was happier that way. At least, that's what the doctors said. The outside world was wide and unexplored, most part of it unknown to any men. There were creatures stronger that any soldier, faster than the fastest horse and smarter than any doctor.
She was raised to be a slave, despite her young age she was already working around the place and cleaning. The wings on her back only making her stand out more and being the reason why she was in the lab in the first place.

She wished to escape, to meet someone like her. Someone familiar yet so different. Someone who could share her pain, knowing damn well what they did to her. Being a hybrid amount people wasn't easy, especially when you couldn't change your appearance and you always had this traits of a hybrid. So, you were stuck with your look and abilities forever.

Now and then she tried to run
And then on the night with the setting sun
She went in the woods away
So afraid, all alone

One day, she thought about escaping. We only have one life, don't why? And she won't find out if escaping works if she doesn't try. Anything is better than this hellhole.
After picking up her favourite stuffed animal, putting on her worn out shoes and taking the old grey blanket, she sneaked out her room. Easily passing the guard's office, she managed to exit the main hall with rooms. After 10 minutes if getting lost and just wondering where was the exit, she finally found it. Huge metal doors stood in her way, blocking her way out. She was so close, yet so far. This wasn't a place where she would to give up. She had to do it. If not today, then never.