★Overwhelmed - Ranboo

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

CW - mentions panic attack, being afraid of loud noises, past experience with sensory overload

Channel(s) - Tubbo, Ranboo, 5up, other people mentioned

-

Ranboo's pov

I yawn, watching the last bit of the game as the moon is in full swing in the nights sky. It's way past my regressed age's bedtime and with the night's worth of sleep I got yesterday.. an early bed time would have been a treat.

My head is all achy and fuzzy from the excitement and exhaustion from over the day. I watch as everyone rises to get a closer view of the final bit of the game, I however, only sink further in to my chair.

"Ranboo, you alright?" Tubbo's dad asks softly, kneeling besides me and I shrug, holding my hands lightly over my ears. "Too loud? Where are your headphones?" He asks, gently rubbing my shoulder and I shrug.

"Dun.. oh.. mis.. misplaced them" I mumble out, trying to keep words as big as possible.

"Is your head feeling fuzzy too?" Father Bo asks softly and I hum, rubbing my tired eyes as I lean back in to the chair.

He's well aware of my regression, the entirety of everyone I met in the UK knows. They're all really nice about it to. Everyone from Tubbo's family to Aimsey's.

Only because all the travelling and filming always made me sleepy. I regress much easier when sleepy too. So, regressed whilst eating dinner at Aimsey's, took a nap at Freddie's to which I woke up regressed. I was little when we got to Bill's.

Tommy's mum already knew and encouraged it out of me. Letting me play whilst the others sat and chatted. Then Tubbo's parents were told before I even flew out because the chances were, I could have been regressed when fresh off the plane.

Obviously, Phil knew before I went out. He was like equal to my father in parent figure in my life. I probably regressed more with him then my own dad. Just because I used to slip when tired and playing Minecraft with him.

"Okay, let's have a little lookie for your pacifier yeah? Did you bring it or did Tubbo?" His father asks and I look to my bag.

"I did, I did!" I exclaim happily, knowing I remembered to bring all my just in case items and other things I may need.

"Alrighty, let's get you your paci and then have a look for those headphones of yours" father Bo says softly and I nod happily, beginning to pull myself up.

It's like the sudden slip between big and small washed all the tiredness away with it. Father Bo rummages through my bag before pulling out a clear plastic box that holds a Winnie the Pooh themed pacifier inside.

"Yay yay!" I exclaim happily as he carefully pops open the box and hands it to me. It goes straight in to my mouth before we look around for my headphones.

I more of stumble as I messily look, wanting nothing more than to crawl about on the floor. I know I'll be scolded if I do, since the floor is dirty.

A loud boom startles me from my search, causing me to topple before falling. My hands go straight to my ears as everyone stares out of the windows in amazement.

My breathe gets caught in my throat, a sudden rush of tears heading straight to my eyes. It's too much, it startled me. Making my heart race like a little bunny rabbit in fear.

"Hey.. shhh, it's okay.. just fireworks.. breathe with me kiddo" Father Bo says, quickly appearing, kneeled in front of me.

He gently moves my hands from my ears, slipping my lost headphones on to my head. My soft, sleepy time playlist for when I'm regressed is playing when the cushioned ear parts cover my ears.

He gently rubs my shoulder before proceeding to show me through hand movements, on how to even out my breaths. Eventually I calm down, leaning against father Bo for comfort as my eyes get droopy. Anxiety really takes all that energy you have and sucks it out of you.

I feel my headphones get move from one ear after a little while of just sitting. The movement is delicate, like they're scared they'll hurt me just by moving the headphones.

"Boo, can you try stay awake till we get to the car?" Tubbo asks softly and I open my eyes just to nod sleepily. "Alright sweet boy, we'll be packing up in five or so minutes" he says softly, a small smile on his face.

Tubbo's safe, Tubbo's always been safe. A safe person for me to go to. My best friend. The one person who's brought zero judgement with him. Tubbo is the one person I go to when I need to talk about anything. Or to just have a distraction from my dysmorphia.

"He small?" 5up asks and Tubbo hums, I yawn sleepily as I pull my headphones back on fully.

I reach around for my phone, wanting to change the playlist from the soft sleepy songs it's playing now to something that's more likely to keep me awake. I do so, moving to something more fast pace but still enjoyable to my little head space.

I trace my fingers along my jeans, following the patterns to keep myself busy. I can't wait to just get back, get into cozier clothes and fall asleep with my stuffy.

"Alright, make sure to grab Ranboo's bag!" I hear the muffled shouts from across the room so I lower the volume of my music and attempt to follow the conversation in my fuzzy brain.

Soon enough, I'm curled up in the back seat of the car father Bo rented. I yawn sleepily, contently sucking on my pacifier as I switch back to my soft playlist. I know that I wouldn't stand a chance against sleep with the engines soft rumbles that slowly sooth you to sleep.

So with the soft vibrations and my lullabies, I quickly fall asleep in the cramped area in the most uncomfortable position for someone of my actual size but curling up this size makes me feel smaller.

It's uncomfortable but feeling small like my mental age makes me feel cozier and fuzzier in my headspace. It's safer. I like it. Even if it causes bad cramps and pains after regression.

"Sleep well Boo, we'll have to wake you when we arrive back at the hotel bud" Tubbo says softly, gentle fingers pushing my hair from my eyes.

I hum softly, nuzzling in to the chair as I begin to doze off.

<~>

"Good morning Ran! You still feeling small?" Tubbo asks as I join them in the kitchen.

"No.. I erhm.. I'm big now. How'd I get to my room?" I ask softly and Tubbo's dad waves.

"My dad carried you, we didn't have the heart to wake you" Tubbo says softly and I smile.

"Thank you" I say softly and he nods.

"Anyways, breakfast, what do you want?" Tubbo asks and I shrug.

"Pancakes?" I ask softly and he nods with a smile.

Pancakes it is.

-

Word count - 1229

Hello cubs, I hope you all enjoyed this one shot and feel free to leave any requests in the comments! <3