★Time Away - Dream

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

CW - minor self harm, such as hair pulling and scratching, feeling overwhelmed and overstimulated, minor panic attack, sensory issues

Channel(s) - Dream, George, Sapnap, Karl, Quackity, Foolish, Punz, Ranboo, some others who'll probably be minor mentions

-

Dream's pov

"Okay, that's all our time. Love you guys, goodbye!" I exclaim before passing the shitty microphone off to someone else, practically throwing it from my hands as if it's a hot potato or something.

"Yes, bye guys. I hope you enjoyed it!" Karl exclaims as he waves before putting the mic down and getting up with the rest of us.

Loud chatter erupts into the room, screamed 'good byes' and 'I love yous' following us out as we take quick pictures before leaving the stage and then the room.

"That was so cool, the panel itself wasn't so great but seeing all our fans in a room like that. It's such a thrill, it makes me feel so loved!" Karl exclaims as he bounces about besides Sapnap.

My head thumps, my brain pounding against my skull in attempts to escape and run off to a quieter place to shut down.

The bright, striking white lights that illuminate the entirety of the twitchcon building cause my eyes to burn and my brain to scream in agony.

My thumb on my right hand rubs against the smooth button on my jeans, trying to comfort some of the overwhelming feeling.

My clothes feel like thousands of pin pricks scattered across my body and the soothing action of my thumb rolling over the button doesn't do nearly enough to fix my incoming issue.

I mostly shut out the conversations going on around me as I look around for somewhere quiet and preferably dark to hide out at.

"You gonna come take the picture with us?" Sapnap asks as he gently nudges me.

"What-?" I ask, coming back from my head and looking around with a laboured breath.

"We're taking a group photo with Aimsey" George says with a smile.

"I.. erh, I need some quiet.. I'm feeling really overwhelmed.. I'm gonna go find somewhere to sink and just.. just breathe" I say slowly, trying to process my thoughts as well as remember how to breathe correctly along with a handful of things to ignore.

"Okay. Do you want us to come with? Like will you be okay alone?" Sapnap asks softly and I shrug.

"Um.. no.. no I'm alright.. just feel like I need to curl up and hug myself really tight in a dark room.. I'll text in like thirty minutes or so" I say, running a hand through my hair. I purposely tug as I'm doing so, relieving a little pressure from my chest.

"Okay.. if you don't, we'll find you" George warns softly, smiling warmly.

I nod before heading down an empty corridor that's for staff and creators only. The further I move away from the room and the group, the quieter the hallway grows.

With silence encasing me, my head seems to have a more powerful throb. The lighting is still piercing. My eyes water and burn as I look for a small room.