★Disconnect - Dream

Warning this chapter may contain inappropriate language and mature content.

CW - talks about not being able to disconnect from lore and a character that's built up for entertainment, finding reality hard to return to after streams, some heavy topics

Channel(s) - Dream, Sapnap

-

Dream's pov

I yawn, looking over my alt chat as it speeds by. I decided to do a little late night stream. We have been really active with streaming recently. We did lore about four days ago and now I'm streaming again.

Even better, in two days time I'm planning to be on a stream with Karl and after that I'm watching Hell's kitchen with Foolish. It's gonna be a busy week but it'll be nice.

"You want me to talk about lore?" I ask softly, skim reading over chat and seeing the swarm of replies.

I hum, thinking what I should talk about to do with lore. I could tease on what's coming up.

"Hmm.. shall I do a little leaking.. should I pull a Tubbo?" I ask, leaning into my mic with a soft laugh.

I watch as chat bursts into a bunch of yeses and "he did not have to go there" which makes me laugh.

"Okay okay.. soooo I may be finding a dead guy and using a bit of magic.. that's all I'm telling you. I do something good but there will still be heavy angst in it!" I exclaim, pulling myself up in my desk chair.

I always seem to sink down as I lean further and further back in to my chair. It's rather warm in my stream room but I can't be bothered to turn the AC on. I'd rather just suffer. I kinda keeps me connected to reality.

"Hmm.. more lore talk?" I ask, sounding to be in disbelief by how greedy chat is being. They seem so thirsty for information.

I chuckle, trying to think of what I could possibly talk about. There's the getting in and out of character. That's a good topic.

"Let's talk about getting in and out of character. I find that once I'm in character, it's very hard to reconnect with the real world again and come back out. This is why lore is so spread out" I explain.

This seems to confused chat. They spam a mixture of "what do you mean" and "whaaaa" which makes me sigh.

"It's hard to explain guys. I don't feel like me.. but I don't feel like I'm specifically my character. It's like this in between where my brain is just filled with me being the villain of the story that we live and that everyone of my friends hate me" I explain, sinking back into my chair as I pull my mic down with me.

"Which isn't true!" Sapnap exclaims as he opens my door and I hum.

"If you didn't hear, Sapnap just came in my room and said it isn't true that my friends hate me. Which I believe now, I'm back in mostly reality. It's a little fuzzy between the two but Sapnap tends to sit with me and we find things to help me disconnect from the online character" I explain as Sapnap hums and comes over.

"How are you anyways? Haven't seen you since breakfast" Sapnap says before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I'm alright.. using the heat to keep me in reality. Probably not working since giving me Pandora's vault vibes.. should probably make it really cold" I say and Sapnap hums before turning the AC on for me.