Chapter 45

Days go by fast with my new life, between club activities, being harassed by women and of course death threats on my desk every day. The quite life I had lived before now completely gone.

As we eat lunch, Asia tugs on my selves like a little girl. "Aden, can we go on a date?" She says as her light blue eyes avoid my gaze. "Yeah, sure! Where did you want to go?" I say smiling. She pauses, "Umm, maybe the comic book store." She says quietly, ever since she and I started going out she has a habit of taking one of my mangas from my shelf, "Who knew she was into that stuff. Yeah I'll take you" I say.

The day ends and Asia and I at the local comic shop. As we enter Asia hops from row to row examining each and every manga. The other people in the store seem to watch her every move. "Asia is the first real attractive girl in this store so I'm surprised no one's asked her out." Asia hands me book after book.

"I want this and this oh, this to." After a few seconds she stops and rests from the exhaustion. I look over the manga she bought. "Hey Asia, I have this series at my house so you shouldn't buy it. I'll give you mine." I say as she lights up, "Really!? Thank you so much Darling!" She goes to put back the books when she rushes towards the bathroom, leaving me to pay for her books.

The cashier and I have know each other for awhile since I'm a regular here and he lives down the street from me. As he rings up the mass amount of books Asia had bought he looks up at me. "So, is she a new girlfriend?" He says fixing his glasses. I look up from one of the books, "What do you mean new?" I say with a smile, he laughs "Oh come on you walk by my house everyday with two or three girls on your arms. You must be really popular with women."

He says as he finishes scanning the last books, I laugh nervously, "Well, I'm not tring to do this, it just seems to happen some times." Asia exits the restroom, as she reaches for her wallet another boy walks up to her. "M-miss Asia please go out with me!!" He yells at the top of his lunges. Asia stares at him with a blank face, "No leave me alone." She says without hesitation.

She turns around but he quickly jumps infront of her again, "Please! I'll make you a happy woman!!" She twitches with a slight rage. "I have Darling. So leave me alone." She pays for the books and were about to leave when the boy jumps infront of us a third time. Asia clenches her fist in anger.

She places her hand on his shoulder and whispers in his ear, "Interrupt our date again and you'll end up in a ditch." She says with a smile, the boy starts to shiver from head to toe, her grip tightens on his shoulder causing the stores atmosphere to turn silent, I look around for a way to distract her, I come to a silver heart locket, after silently paying for a few I slip one around  her neck, "Here Asia I thought this would look nice on you."

She looks down at the locket, her face starts to turn red, "A, A gift from Darling!?" Her already shaky legs give out and as she falls I catch her in my arms.