Chapter 48

Three men stand a top of the hill where the girl had slid down. Two men point guns at Adeline and I while the third stands there smoking a cigarette. "Alright heres what's going to happen you hand the girl over and the two of you go free." The third says puffing the cigarette.

The girls grips Adeline tighter, the two holding the guns aim for us. "Go to hell." Adeline says with a glare. "Oh, well." The two fire and Aden grabs Adeline and the girl but in the process one of the bullets graze through his shoulder. The three tumble and slide down the hill on the side of the trail. Adeline looks up from shielding the girl from the fall. Aden leans against a tree panting heavily.

"You two okay?" He asks looking up to see if there being followed. "Yeah we're okay." Adeline says, she looks at the bleeding wound, Y-your hurt!" She says concerned. Aden looks down where the bullet grazed him. "This? It's fine I'll live." Aden says to calm her down. Voices are heard from the hills top and start to get closer. Aden grabs Adeline and the girl and they start to run away. As the run Aden looks back at Adeline, "What should we do?" He asks stopping to rest. She looks around, then notices the iron ore veins on the walls of the cliff.

"Aden, I need you to take her and run." She says turning to Aden. He sighs, "If gou get hurt I'm going to be in allot of trouble, but I know you have a plan so okay." Aden picks up the girl and start to run while Adeline stays behind.

The three men from earlier point there guns at her. "Finally now where's the girl?" The boss of the three says, Adeline smirks as the walls beside them begins to shake and crack. "Idiots. Do you have any idea how bad you messed up?" The iron and metal ores inside the wall and form into jagged claws. "Oh well, your still dead anyways."