Chapter 142

Nate and I walk through the schools gates, and parts ways as he goes to meet up with Jacob and Amir while I head to the cafeteria for a drink. "I wonder how the others are doing?" I think while grabbing a carten of milk from an open fridge. I glance around the room and between the glares and dead looks from the other students I decide to just walk while I drink. "Well, well its been a moment Aden." I turn to see our schools librarian and Asia's aunt Jessica with two boxes tightly grasped in her arms, she smiles warmly to me me and sits the boxes down. "Oh umm hi." I say surprised that she decided to stop and talk to me. She continues to smile but opens one of her previously closed eyes to revile a ruby glow. "So it looks like you'll be alone for this week, I bet the breath of fresh air is nice."

I chuckle and nod, "Yeah I guess." She puta her hands together and nods, "Lovely, but since your here would you mind carrying this other box for me?" Her eyes glance over to the two boxes stacked atop one another, "Sure I don't mind where were you taking them." Jessica scans the area,  "The... Archives if you don't mind the trip."

Despite only visiting the archives once with Asia the path we had taken and that area of the school is still fresh in my mind. "Sure I don't mind the trip." I pick up the top box from the stack and turn back to Jessica. "Lead the way." She nods her head in thanks and picks up the last box and walks past me.

As I follow her we remain in silence untill we come to our schools boiler room. "Do you remember the way?"" She says with a glace back at me. "Yeah." I say looking down the hall making sure not to be seen. "Good." We quickly step in side the room and and after a few moments we find ourselves descending the staircase. "So how old is this place?" I say looking at the old and dusty wall next to me as we descend. "Curious about this place are you?"

She asks with a smile, "Well a little bit. I've gotten more and more since I last visited." Jessica smiles and nods, "Just like Asia, once she had discovered this place she was filled with questions. I smile, "That dose sound like her." I say to myself. "But to answer has been here for a long time. I've seen notes in ancient and dead languages spread throughout these halls."

Jessica says as we reach the bottom. "Come we can open them over here to make sure they weren't damaged." We set the two boxes down on a table near the entrance and Jessica promptly opens the boxes. "Do check that one." She says pointing at the box closest to me. "Right."  I say as I begin to dig through the many layers of packing peanuts. "Is this?" I pull up a light slab of stone engraved with ruins across its surface.

"An ancient tablet? Do you keep more here than just reports and studies?" I run my hand across the surface as Jessica places down the one she unboxed. "These slabs depict what appears to be an ancient prophecy. They where sent here to be studied and and recorded, as for your second question, we keep all manner of artifacts both new and old. I knod while continuing to look over the stone. "Do you know what is says by chance?" I say gently placing it down. She chuckles,

"Well it it seems to have something to do with the three cursed marks." I turn to her intrigued, "Cursed marks?" She nods and places her hand over the ruin on the left, "This one is known as the mark of the fallen. Only given to those who have been slain then resurrected." She moves her hand over to the middle, "Next is the mark of the betrayed, only bestowed upon those who have had thing both take and took by some one close." She then moves over to the last inscription. "And this final one is."

"The mark of fallen." I say looking at the crescent moon craving above the last ruin. "Yes... How did you know that?"" She turns to me, I shake my head clearing it of thought. "I had read about it while researching Succubi with Asia." Jessica nods. "Ah that makes sense, but either way time you to head back. I don't want you to be late for class now." She says putting the tablets to the side.

"Right I guess I'll see you around then." I turn back twords the exit and grab my bag from the floor. "And before you leave." Jessica say catching my attention, as i turn back to her she hands me what looks like a silver key card. "This is a key to gate back in here. Feel free to return and explore to your hearts content." I smile and take the card. "Thanks I'll drop by later then." I say slipping the card in my pocket. As i walk down the hall and away from the archives entrance the sound of a mass amount of papers startles me.

I peak in to see our schools nurse Chyio surrounded by strung out papers.  "Oh dear not again." She says falling to her knees, "Hey do you need help?" I ask stepping in. "Please Aden. I may be a good nurse but it seems a major cluts. We start to organize the mass amounts of papers she had dropped. "Thank you for the help. I doubt I would have been able to get all of this back to my office without your help."

She says as we place the last few pieces onto a desk. "Well id ask you to help me bring this to my offices but it looks like class is about to start." She waves me off despite my attempts to help her she deciles, and makes her way down the hall. "I hope she dosen't drop them again." I shake my head I turn twords my class,

"Without any the girls here I might actually be able to study. Still I wish I could have Asia's help for next weeks test but I don't want to end up always relying on them. Last thing I want is to end up lazy, maybe I should go for a run or something after school. Wait don't I have to help Adeline with some clubs activities this week." I look down at my phone to check the date.

"Okay well I've got to deal with that next week. Great right when they all come back." I sigh as I enter my class and take my seat and immediately grow drowsy as the lecture begins. "I forgot how boring this class is." I glace at the empty seat next to me and can't help but think of Mio. "Heh, its only been a few weeks and I already miss her. She really did make herself the only thing on my mind."

As I do the worksheet the teacher had passed out the thoughts of Mio soon become crowded with the thoughts of the others and even sooner it becomes a ware over who occupies my head more. "Geez it looks like even my thoughts can't escape them..." I look up at the clock and only a few minutes have past.