Devil's Redemption chapter sample

Chapter 1- Rebirth

The room is black and misty, Samael's body floats around as if he's in a calm river. The mist around him contorts into a humanoid form, "Join me." It says before Samael jolts up from his bed drenched in a cold sweat. "That dream again." The image of the shadow flashes into his mind. "What the he'll is that." After looking at the clock he shakes the image from his head and begins his day. After getting ready Samael steps out of his house, the morning sun kissing his skin.

As he walks down the street a siren goes off. "WARNING, A CLASS FIVE DEMON HAS APPEARED IN THE CITIES CENTER!" People start to rush away as Samael continues on his way to school, "Another? There getting more and more common. At least humans can fight these things." Two men rush down the street, one wields a sword the other a bow. Samael glances at them then the weapons in there hands, He lets out a sigh.

"It seems that everything under the sun can wield a weapon forged by God." His hands starts to shake, "Then why can't I? If I even touch one a shock goes through my body."  Samael walks through the gates of his school that has also been turned into a chapel that trains others to fight while also offering a the option of regular classes.

As he walks through the cort yard he sees a young nun praying. "Oh, hey Lisa." The nun gets up and dust herself off. "Hello Sam. Im glade to see your doing well." This girl is Lisa one of Samael's closest friends, she was born with a very rare and powerful ability. Light magic. Lisa and Samael chat for a moment untill a voice interrupts. "Well I see you finally showed up for school." Samael turns around to see Cris and Dean his other two friends.

Cris specializes in heavy weapons and prefers his battle axe, while Dean uses two sawed-off shotguns. "Good to see you guys too." Before the three can begin to talk the bell rings. They laugh before heading to separate areas within the school ground. After a few hours they meet up once again to eat lunch together.

"So what's going on with y'all?" Cris asks talking a bite from his food. "Nothing much." Dean says, "Same old same old." Lisa says. Just as Samael is about to answer an image pops into his head and with it jolt of pain runs through him. Samael screams in pain, startled the three jump up. "Sam! What's wrong?!" Lisa says worried.

Samael takes a few breaths before responding. "I'm fine. Im going to go to the nurse. I'll see you guys later." Samael gets up, "Hey you need help?" Samael shakes his head and walks towards the nurses office. Just as he turns the corner a stronger surge of energy runs through him. The surge causes him to fall down onto his knee.

The distorted voice from his dreams reappears in his head. "Follow me. I'll stop the pain, all I ask is you follow me." Samael gives a reluctant nod then begins to follow the voice. After a while Samael finds himself deep in the woods looking down a large cliff. "Why am I here?" Samael says turning around to see the shadowy figure from his dreams staring him in the face. "What the he-" Before he can finish the figure pushes him back and over the cliff. "Fly." It says as Samael begins to fall.