Prologue - Part 1

Marinette was at the bakery with 6 boxes of macarons. Her father Tom called her.

'Yes, Dad I'm on my way. Late? I'm never late! Oh well, maybe I'm sometimes late but I'm coming!'

She hung up and almost dropped the boxes as she made her way to the door. She opened up the door and Luka was out the front on his bike.

'Aagh!' Marinette cried out as she threw the boxes up in the air in surprise but Luka caught them all without dropping a single one.

'Hey Marinette!' Luka said.

'Oh... Luka! Nice catch! Thanks!' she replied as he gave them back to her.

'I've been working on writing a song for you Marinette, a tune that matches you perfectly. I came to play it for you. Wanna hear it?'

'Sure!' she replied.

Just then Tom called her again. 'Yes, Dad, yes I'm on my way.' she hung up.

'Sorry, I gotta go' she said sadly.

Luka took the boxes and secured them on the back of his bike and gave her his spare helmet and smiled at her.

She smiled.

He cycled her all the way to the hotel where Chloe's parents were celebrating their wedding anniversary.

'Thank you so much for the lift, Luka' Marinette said as she got off and handed him back the helmet. She took the boxes and kissed his cheek.

'Happy to help Marinette. I'll play you the song later!' he called out as he cycled away.

'Can't wait to hear it!' she called out in reply.

Marinette went in and saw her parents.

'Over here!' they waved to her.

She looked over and saw Adrien and Kagami looking very bored. She couldn't see where she was going and tripped over a roll in the carpet. The boxes went everywhere but luckily the lids were secured shut.

Adrien and Kagami saw her and saw their chance for some excitement. They got up and Kagami's mother and Adrien's bodyguard blocked their way. 'We're not leaving, we're just helping out a friend at the buffet' Adrien said. They let them go.

'Hey guys, I don't want to keep you from your party!' Marinette said.

'Are you kidding, we can't wait to get away!' Adrien replied.

They took two boxes each over to her parents.

'Thanks honey, could you take these empty trays out to the kitchen please?' Sabine asked her.

'Let us help you. Please?' Adrien begged.

'Oh, all right!' Marinette replied.

'Oh, and before you go back home, could you please bring back a box of those little cocktail umbrellas?' Tom added.

'Sure Dad!' Marinette said as she headed out to the kitchen with Adrien and Kagami in tow carrying a few trays each.

Adrien and Kagami grabbed ladles and started playing at fencing while Marinette looked on and giggled.

'It's nice to be disobedient every once in a while.' Kagami said.

'Yeah, it's so exhausting having to do everything our parents expect of us.' Adrien added.

'Where are the children?' Kagami's mother asked Adrien's bodyguard. 'They should have been back by now!'

Adrien's bodyguard got up and headed towards the kitchen and opened up the door but Adrien and Kagami ducked behind the counter just in time.

'Hello!' Marinette said. 'Are you looking for something?'

He looked confused and left.

'Thanks Marinette!' Adrien said.

'Please, escape with us!' Kagami added.

'No, you guys go have fun. I'm going to take the cocktail umbrellas to my parents like they wanted.'

'Are you sure Marinette?' Adrien asked her.

'Yeah, you guys hardly ever get to have any fun! Now get outta here!' she replied.

'Ok, but how will we get to the door?' Adrien asks.

'Hmm...I know!'

Marinette spots a serving trolley and tells them 'Hide under this!'

Then she puts a white cloth over the top and the box of cocktail umbrellas on top.

'There! Now stay quiet!' she said as she winked at them.

'Thanks Marinette!' Adrien and Kagami whispered as she wheeled the trolley over to her parents.

'The box wasn't that heavy, was it?' Tom asked.

'Oh!' Marinette giggles in reply. 'I just thought it would look more elegant if I brought them out on a serving trolley!'

Sabine tells her, 'Thanks honey. We should be good now; you can go if you like.'

'Thanks mom!'

She quickly and quietly wheels the trolley towards the entrance.

'All clear! You can come out now!'

'Yes! Thanks Marinette!' Adrien says.

'Are you sure you don't want to come with us?' Kagami asked.

'No, I better go home, I've got homework to finish. You both go ahead.'

'Ok, see you at school!' Adrien waved as he and Kagami ran off.

'How come you didn't go with them Marinette?' Her Kwami, Tikki asked from her purse. Marinette smiles. 'I hated lying about homework but I'd feel like a third wheel if I went with them. I don't want to get in their way. They actually do make a great couple.' She remembers how Luka helped her get the macaron boxes to the party on time and smiles. Luka's always there for me she sighs happily as she begins to head for home.