Double Dates in Autumn

AGGHHH A DOUBLE DATE CHAPTER IVE BEEN WAITING TO WRITE ONE OF THESE

  Jake and Devon walked along the sidewalk. The autumn leaves falling into their hair and care passing by. The colors of the trees and the already-fallen leaves filling their eyes with warmth. They pass by record stores and thrift stores, that Jake wants to go to later, before they reach the actual coffee shop.

"Winans Chocolate and Coffees"
Devon read on the top of the building. Interesting.

  They make their way inside and they already spotted Lexy and Nadine, sitting at a table and waiting, they haven't even ordered yet.

"Hey guys, hope we didn't leave you waiting for that long."
Jake greeted.

"It's fine. We just got her like a minute ago anyways. We haven't even looked at the menu yet."
Nadine claimed, getting up from her seat.

"Well uh.. should we go order now?"
Devon asked, pointing towards the counter.

"Yeah sure."
Lexy nods, being the first to walk up to the counter.

"Hello, what can I get you?"
The employee asks.

"Hey can I get a.. caramel latte."
The blonde says.

"I'll take a black, iced coffee."
Jake orders.

"Uhm, I'll get a chocolate Cappuccino, please." Nadine asks.

"And I'll get a hot chocolate."
Devon states.

"Yep. Will that be it?"
The employee asks, looking up at the teens.

"Yes."
Lexy replies, already having her cashapp card out.

"$13.50"

  She puts her card in, paying for all of them. After, they sit back down at their table, waiting for their drinks to be ready.

"Lexy, you didn't need to pay for all of us."
Jake confirms, everyone nodding in agreement.

"I know but I wanted too!"
She responds.

"I feel bad too but can we talk about how we all got coffee and Devon gets a ducking hot chocolate?" Nadine interferes.

"Yeah. That is strange. This is a coffee shop."
Lexy says, turning over to glare at Devon.

"I don't like coffee! It's too bitter!"
He defensively stated.

"Then how did you stay awake late at night to finish your podcast episodes?"
Jake asks.

"Monster. Duh."
Devon answers. Then their order got called, Jake and Nadine get up to grab them.

  They hand them all their drinks then leave. Once again, the fall colors fill their eyes with happiness and excitement. Jake rants about all the record and thrift stores he saw on the way here, getting to two teen hooked, and of course, dragging Devon along.

  They first went to the record store. Jake and Lexy searching for the records they've been wanting, as Nadine and Devon follow them around. They picked up random records they knew that they liked, some they had and some got excited when they saw what their significant others found. Jake ended up finding the record he wanted while Lexy didn't, but she still got some new ones to put into her collection.

  Next, they went to the thrift store next to the shop they were in before. Now Devon was more excited, all of them like thrifting so they would all most likely blow the money they just received the other day. Jake finding lots of sweaters and flannels. Lexy found a pair of shoes and flare jeans. Nadine found sweater vests and jackets while Devon found sweaters and jeans. Just as they suspected, they wasted most of their money.

  Last thing they did was go for a long walk. Just looking around and observing, pointing out random things; basically eye spy. They also had long, deep talks as they watched the sunset. More leaves fell in their hair and they made huge piles of leaves, pushing one-another in the pile. The leaves only really stuck to Jake and Nadine, mainly because their hair was curly. Then they parted into their separate ways. Though, Lexy and Nadine broke into Jake and Devon's house later to have a sleepover but that's another story for another day.