Stairs (REWRITTEN)

Idk why but I REALLY want to write little Devon. So try ate what we're doing.

Another age regression oneshot! I got more in my drafts if you enjoy these!!

!Takes place right after his mom dies!

Caregiver: Jake
Little: Devon

Devon was in little space. It felt a little weird since he never did it often but Jake had convinced him it was time, for it was unhealthy and he deserves a break; especially after what happened the other day.

It's only been two days since the incident, Kim falling down the stairs and dying in the hands of Chucky. Devon knew he was falling into little space at that very moment, but he tried to be big for Jake and Lexy, and for his mom. Though, she isn't here anymore.

He ran around with his airplane until he stopped in his tracks. He got bored of this. Running around the house every time he felt little, playing with the same toys. The life out of him was drained, he hasn't felt the same. Not even regression can help.

  Suddenly, all he can think about is his mother. Watching her fall down the stairs, thinking about all the good memories they had before she had to past; before she had to leave him so soon. Even looking at a set of stairs made his mind go back to that night. Devon can only think about the way her neck snapped when she fell from the stairs, the sound her bones made. It made Devon not want to feel a thing at all.

  He drops his airplane he was running around with just minutes ago. His head held down low, walking slow to the couch and slouched down. Devon wanted to cry but the tears wouldn't leave his eyes. It's like, he lost all his tears from the other nights before he stayed up late.

  Jake walks into the living room after changing his clothes and using the bathroom. Jake hated leaving Devon alone, especially when he was regressed. And now, he feared even more. Jake tried being quick, obviously wasn't fast enough for Devon to almost breakdown on the couch.

"Hey, hun. What's the matter?"
Jake asked, sitting next to him and wrapping his arm.

"Nothing works. I tried regressing and all I can think about is my mom! She's always on my mind and no matter what I do she's just there! In the back of my mind! I just want a night where I don't think about her falling down the stairs at Junior's house."
Devon ranted, slipping from little space to big space, his speech changing.

"It's completely normal to feel like that, or to only think about what happened. She was your mom, you watched her die. Your feelings are valid. If you ever just need to talk or whatever, you know I'm here for you. It's going to take time to get over it, and you might not ever get over it. But this feeling that you're feeling right now, it'll go away eventually."
The boy advises, pulling him into a hug.

"Yeah, you're right. But you know it's bad if regression isn't working! I just want my life to be normal again."
The shorter boy claimed, laying his head on his shoulder.

"I know, I know. Just try to calm down, I can tell you're getting worked up. Maybe try distracting yourself with a movie and we can maybe visit her grave sometime?"
Jake suggested, kissing his forehead.

Devon nods, wiping his teary eyes.
"Yeah, that sounds good. Can we watch Carrie again?"

"Is that even a question? Carrie is an amazing movie!"

  Devon smiled a bit, laying on Jake's lap and looking at the tv as he put the movie on. He slowly started to slip into little space again, maybe because he was starting to get a little tired. He tried his hardest to forget about his mom, the stairs and the noise he heard when she fell. Devon needed to block all of the at from his mind, just for now at least. Jake rubbed his back and side, to ease him a little more. Feeling like this really sucked, it did. But with Jake, he knew he could push past this feeling and cope like he should.