Naps

Jake walks up behind Devon, wrapping his arms around him; hugging him from behind.
"Can we go to bed now?"
He asked, mumbling.

"Jake, it's the middle of the day. Can you stay up until like ten so you can at least try to get a normal sleep schedule?"
Devon asked, washing the dish.

The boy shakes his head, muttering something incoherent.
"M'tired, Dev. I just want to lay down and cuddle. And I always take a nap around this time."
He says, his voice whiny and drowsy.

"I know but you need to break out of that habit. You don't go to bed until four in the morning and you wake up at eleven, just to go back to sleep at three in the afternoon and wake up at five-thirty."
Devon claimed, drying his hands off.

"I'll worry about that later. I just want to take a nap." Jake mutters, his grip tightening around him.

The boy sighs, turning around.
"Ok, come here you big baby."
Devon picks Jake up, the other boy whining.

"M'not a baby."
He grumbled, laying his head on Devon's shoulder.

"Mhm. Sure."
Devon sarcastically responds, carefully laying him on the bed.

"Can you cuddle me?"
Jake asked, grabbing onto Devon's sweater.

The other smiled, getting into bed with him.
"How could I ever say no to a face like that?"

Jake blushed, laying on top of Devon and digging his head into his neck.
"Mm, I love you."

Devon smiled, messing with Jake's hair.
"I love you."

The boy hums, his eyes fluttering closed. Devon pulls the comforter over them, kissing his cheek before laying back as well and relaxing; again, playing with the other's hair. Soon enough, Jake's breathing evens out, his lips slightly parted as he snores, his grip around Devon loosening and digging his head into Devon's shoulder. He mumbles something, something Devon can't understand, as he shifts in his sleep, now laying on his stomach and his head under the boy's chin.

  Devon grinned, his downward smile showing as he could only fall in love all over again with the boy who laid on top of him. He blushed, watching Jake sleep as he got on his phone and played music on Spotify. It was Jake's playlist, the one he uses to help him sleep. When Devon puts the phone back on the nightstand, he looks back at the boy, kissing the top of his head.

"Get a good rest, dear."

This is a lot shorter than all my other oneshots but I still think it's cute. I plan to publish more and sorry if it seems like I've been inactive lately. Coming up with ideas is hard since I have a lot of oneshots, I need to write something different.