Nails

Devon was over at Jake's, spending the night. But he fell asleep quite early because he didn't get much sleep the night before. Well, it was almost one in the morning when the shorter male woke up from his slumber, to see his boyfriend, sitting at his desk. He usually wouldn't question it because he would be drawing most of the time, but this time there wasn't a paper in front of him. So, Devon got out of bed and walked over to him, hugging him behind; catching Jake by surprise.

"Hey babe, I thought you were sleeping?"
Jake questioned, he dropped whatever he was doing.

"I was. And I'm still tired. I wanted to see what you were doing up this late."
Devon replied, yawning, his head now resting on top of the other.

"Nothing much. Just painting my nails. I got bored and couldn't sleep."
The curly haired male explained.

"Can you paint mine?"
Devon sleepily asked.

"Yeah we just have to wait for my nails to dry."
Jake exclaimed, a blush spreading across his face.

Devon pulled up a chair and sits next to him.
"What color do you want?"
The taller male asked.

"What colors do you have?"
The other wondered, looking at him with love in his eyes.

"I have black, which is the color of my nails, navy, a bright blue, orange, green, pink and red."
Jake listed, opening up a drawer next to him.

"I think I'll go with Navy.."
Devon claimed, hailing his hands out with his fingers spread out.

"Good choice! I don't think I've ever used that color but it does match your pajamas!"
Jake exclaimed.

That was true, Devon didn't even realize it. He was wearing navy plaid fleece pants with a plain black shirt. He just packed random clothes in his bag and left; not thinking twice.

He watched as Jake painted his nails, at some point laying his head down on his arms. Just, admiring him as he was too concentrated to even notice. Devon did see the small things. How Jake would stick his tongue out a bit when he was too fixated with something, and he also mumbles to himself too. He's never told him, but he finds it adorable. Jake also plays with his curls when he's nervous or stressed, he learned that one the hard way. Battling with Chucky, trying to end him once and for all.

He doesn't remember, but at some point he must've fell asleep. He woke up in Jake's bed with freshly painted nails, and his boyfriend practically on top of him, he knew he'd still be asleep. Though, he should be awake soon, looking at the clock on the nightstand, it was ten am. But Devon remembers when Jake told him it was off by five minutes. So it was actually around nine fifty-five am.

Devon hears Jake groan, the sun now in his eyes since he turned towards him. That's probably what Devon woke up too in the first place. The dark skinned male plays with his hair, which soothes him back to sleep.

He's always thought of Jake as a cat or something. He always sleeps during the day but is all crazy at night. He's also pretty skittishly, he can get scared pretty easily, though, he loves horror and true crime. Which is just odd. Not to mention the fact he's extremely clingy. Devon didn't mind though, if anything he finds it cute. Also he's pretty sure he heard him purr when he ran his fingers through his hair once. Also he just looks like a cat, Devon couldn't explain that part though.

While Devon was lost in thought, Jake woke up. "Morning."
He greeted, yawning and snapping him out his trance.

"Morning, honey."
Devon responded, wrapping his arms around Jake's shoulders.

"Do you like your nails?"
He asked.

"Yeah. I do."
Devon answered, smiling and taking another look at his navy colored nails. Maybe he should paint his nails more often.