High New Year's Kisses [AO3 Request]

Takes place on New Years Eve

Jake looked at his phone, eating his pancakes Devon made that morning. While the other cleaned up; he mumbled.

"Oh."

"What?"
Devon asked, walking over to the boy.

"Nothing, I just didn't know the fairgrounds were open for New Years this year."
Jake explains, showing him the post he saw on Instagram.

"Do you want to go?"
He wondered.

"If you want to, sure."

"Well, I mean, we don't really have anything to do to celebrate New Years so we might as well go. What time does it open?"

"Ten p.m."
Jake answered, looking back at the post.

"That seems a little late."
Devon commented.

"Well then, you better get a nap in before we go. I don't want you being tired."
He teases, kissing him on the lips before getting up and putting his plate in the dishwasher.

"I won't."
The other replies, ruffling Jake's hair before going back to cleaning up the mess with the pancakes.

  It was way later in the day, the sun setting as it came close to the opening of the carnival. Devon was being shaken awake. He rubs his eyes as he slowly opens them, seeing how dark the living room was. The tv was off, yet he swore he and Jake were just rewatching Fear Street just a minute ago.

"Hey sleepyhead."
Jake teases, sitting beside him.

"What time is it?"
Devon asked, sitting up.

"It's almost eight."
He answers, looking at his Hello Kitty watch.

"Did you enjoy your three hour nap?"
Jake asked.
"I made dinner, which it was only some Mac n Cheese, there still some if you want it."

"I'm alright, I'm not hungry. And yes, I did really enjoy my nap."
Devon smiles, sleepiness still filled his voice.

Jake sighs and smiled,
"You are so adorable."
Devon feels his face heat up a bit, being unable to control the awkward smile.

"Never as adorable as you. You are the prettiest person out there."

"Why do you always have to make it a competition? Come on, Dev, you're literally so gorgeous."
The curly haired male says quietly, scooting closer to him.

Devon stayed silent for a minute before answering. "No reason, I just like giving you compliments, I want you to know how much I love you."

"I love you, Dev. Now, should we go get ready?"

He agreed, nodding as he finally gets off the couch. He holds Jake's hand, leading him to the bedroom. "Is it cold out?"
Jake asked, looking through his closet.

"Hmm, I don't know Jake, consider the fact that it's December."
Devon replies, sarcastically.

  The boy sighs, going back through the clothes he's already looked through, picking out his green Nirvana hoodie and his black cargo pants, laying them out on the bed as he grabs a towel.