Mornings With You

So there's this gay couple that remind me so much of Jake and Devon on tiktok so I'm writing this. Also because I'm starting to get sick (I think) and I just need some fluff in my life rn.
Adult AU? Older teen AU?? Idk they just live together and own a cat so you tell me.

Devon flutters his eyes open, laying on top of Jake as he hears the other's nightly playlist playing in the background. He sits up only to hear Jake whine and mumble something in his sleep; hearing the disapproval in his sleepy tone as he tightens the grip around his waist. Devon smiles a bit, he got to wake up seeing this every morning. Nothing was ever new between them but that's what he liked.

Without getting off of Jake, he reaches for the phone, seeing that 'cry' by Cigarettes After Sex was playing. He paused the song, putting the phone back on the bedside table before laying back down on top of Jake. Devon hears the boy mumble in satisfaction as he unconsciously rubs his back.

He can't help but smile a bit. Jake always looked so peaceful when he was asleep. Devon hears his heartbeat through the black tank top he wore. He puts his hands in Jake's hair, kissing his cheek as he smiled more. He loved waking up with the love of his life by his side, Devon wouldn't know what he would do if Jake just wasn't there one day. He'd probably go mad.

"Quit it."
Jake muttered through his drowsy morning voice, his eyes remained closed as he turns his head away from the kiss.

He just giggles a bit, his head resting on Jake's shoulder. Devon rubs his foot against the other's, feeling the hole in his sock. He cringed a bit, that's something that annoyed him to the core. Devon swore he just got him new socks just last week!

  Suddenly, their cat, Salem, jumps onto the bed; rubbing her body on Devon's hand, that was still in Jake's hair. He smiles even more, enjoying the sense in company.

"Hey Salem."
He grumbled through his dead voice. The tiny black cat meowing back in response, licking his hand.

  It should probably be about time for him to get up. He was starting to get hungry and, not so shockingly, he was he the one only that could cook. Plus, Jake was still asleep, he wasn't going to wake him up to make breakfast! Devon groans a bit, sighing before finally getting out of bed; feeling a bit bad for leaving Jake by himself while they both were so comfortable. He uses the bathroom, like any other average person right when they wake up, and heads to the kitchen.

Devon looks around the kitchen. He could make eggs, waffles, bacon, toast, cinnamon rolls, pancakes? Pancakes. He gets out the box of powder and a decent sized bowl, pouring some of the mix into the purple bowl, pouring some water into it as he stirred it until it was perfect. Not thick but not thin either, just how they both liked it. Devon liked it thin while Jake liked it thick, so they agreed to put it somewhere in the middle.

Heating up the pan he pours some of the liquid mess into it, waiting for it to cook as he played quiet music in the back. Nothing in particular, just his morning playlist Jake made him not too long ago. New songs added basically everyday. He decided to make some cinnamon rolls, only half a batch. Him and Jake would both get two. He hums and mumbles to the music.

Before he knows it, he's done making breakfast. He cleans up and sits at the table, looking at some emails on his phone as he ate. Leaving pancakes and two cinnamon rolls for Jake whenever he wakes up. Neither of them usually ate much in the morning but Devon is sure Jake will eat this; it's his favorite breakfast after all.

After he's done he puts his plate in the sink and going to his bookshelf, looking for that book he bought the other day. He just finished his last book last night since Jake fell asleep quite early. He finally finds it, sitting down on the couch as he begins to read. Devon's surprised that Jake isn't awake yet. But right when he thinks that, he hears him slowly creeping down the stairs.

"Morning darling."
Jake greets, his voice whiny as he's waving to him, he rubs his eyes; wearing extremely oversized pajamas.

"Good morning, love. I made breakfast already, it should be warm still."
Devon smiles, not looking away from his book.

Jake grabs a cinnamon roll and takes a bite out of it, sitting next to Devon on the couch.
"What are you reading?"
He asked sleepily, his eyes still half opened.

"Just this book I got the other day at Barnes and Noble. I finished that other book last night."
The other says, showing him the cover with the title.

Jake nods his head slowly.
"I'm so tired. What time is it?"

"There's a clock right there, Jake."
Devon says, turning the page to his book.

"You know I can't see from far away."
The curly haired male claims, mumbling.

"That's why I told you, you need some glasses! And it's not even that far away!"
He laughs, putting a bookmark into his book and closing it.

"I don't want glasses!"
Jake exclaims, pouting a bit.

"That's something you're going to have to live with, Jake."
Devon confirms, crossing his arms.

"It's too early to have this conversation!"
He complains, rubbing his eyes as he lays on top of Devon.
"I'm too tired!"

"I can tell, you were never a morning person."
The other teases, wrapping his arms around him.

"I know!"
Jake replies, embarrassed as he hides his face in his shoulder.

"At least you're self aware."
Devon jokes, ruffling his hair.

"I've always been self aware, you know that."

"Uh huh. Sure you were."

Salem jumps onto the couch, sitting on top of Jake's lap.
"Hello Salem."
Jake smiles, tone like he was talking to a child as he pet her fur.

"You're talking to her like she's a baby."
Devon stated, laughing a bit as he reaches over to pet her as well.

"That's because she is."
He starts, picking her up and holding the cat in the air.
"She's my baby."

"I thought I was your baby?"
The other questioned, tilting his head to the side a bit.

"You are as well! But she's a baby. She's my child and you're the other dad."
Jake explains.

"I don't think I want kids right now."
Devon claims.

"Too bad because we got a little baby right here."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm getting in the shower now. Have fun with our child."
He comments, getting up from the couch. Devon wishes it could be like this every morning, and it was most of the time. But he sure does wish that these mornings could last longer.