Dysmorphia

I happen to be one of those people that agree with the Jake trans headcanon so you are going to have to deal with this.

It was often Jake felt like this. Not wearing his binder, getting his period, having to get a new binder every few months because his boobs were too big. Though, he was more flat-chested. Which he, of course, was very thankful for.

But it's always on days like this where he just feels like he doesn't belong. He's a boy, he ain't supposed to get a period! It was the worst time for him, like it is for anyone else who's got a uterus. He felt the most dysmorphic than usual. Jake would just sit on the bathroom floor and cry, he hated changing his pad and just seeing the blood. It makes him cringe.

For one, he cannot stand the sight of blood, which he's gotten over it a bit. And for two, it makes him upset to know that he's bleeding. Jake hated feeling like this. The cramps, the bleeding, the constantly checking in the mirror because he's self conscious and can't let anyone but his closest friends know about him being trans. Overall, Jake just felt vulnerable and insecure.

It's been the first time he's left the bathroom all day, he laid in his bed, wearing all black. He hid under the covers with his hood up. He was tired of all the crying he did earlier in the day, and the cramps weren't making anything better.

Jake's eyes were red and puffy, dried tears rubbed into his pale skin, he was just exhausted.

Devon was supposed to be on his way now, and Jake is sure he already knows. Well, he knows that he's trans. But he most likely knows about him being on his period. Devon keeps good track of things and keeps thing organized, while Jake, he's the opposite, besides the point, he keeps track of his period for him. Usually, he'll send a text a week before he actually gets it, just to remind him that he might get it soon and to prepare. Seems like he forgot this time.

Devon has a key to his house so if he doesn't answer, which he knows that he won't get out of his bed, Devon can just unlock the door himself; if it's even locked. No worries about him needing to get out of bed.

  Even though Jake knows it's Devon who just walked through the door, he still shrieks when he heard the door close. He stops paying any attention to the movie playing on the tv, he turns towards the bedroom door. Jake just wishes Devon could move a little faster. He's getting a little impatient. But the knob moves.

"Hey sorry it took me so long to get here, Catherine needed help with some groceries and stuff."
Devon explains, walking through the door.

"It's alright, I'm just glad you're here now."
Jake answers.

"Wait, did I forget to remind you again? Are you on your period now?"
The boy panics.

"Yes and yes, but it's fine; I'm fine."
The other claims, they both know it's a lie.

"It's okay to not be okay. Now, tell me about it. What's bothering you?"
Devon says, scooting closer to the boy.

"Well, there isn't much to say. I just don't feel like a boy. Boys aren't supposed to get their periods and have to wear a binder to cover up some mistake!" Jake explains.

"Jake, there is nothing wrong with being trans. I don't mind taking care of you for three days a month! You shouldn't feel invalidated because of something completely out of your control. And your boobs aren't a mistake, it's art. You may not see it, but I do. You bring trans is going to be your story." The dark skinned boy exclaimed, his hands on the other's face, looking at each other in the eyes.

"Thank you Dev, I really needed to hear that."

"I'm glad you're feeling better, want to watch the Craft?"