thirteen;

1677.3.15

I told Chaeyung. She's been very upset since then, but she understands and bid me goodbye. Once we get there, training starts. Two long months of training.

1677.3.25

Training was harder than I thought. I miss Chaeyung. I can only think about never seeing her again, it only makes me want to fight to stay alive more. I will, for her.

Eunha frowned, Chaeyung must be his woman, but she wondered if she should keep reading, shaking it off and continuing.

1677.4.2

It's hard to write anything when nothing goes on. The training is hard, my mind is blank most of the time, the only thing I see is her face. I wish I could see and hug her.

1677.4.18

Training is better, I'm getting stronger. Commander says I'm the most promising.

1677.5.13

I know it's gonna be bad, I'm not ready for war. I'm not ready to die, not without seeing her once more.

1677.5.30

They're sending us out tomorrow. I'm not as scared, I'm determined to see her, my fiancé. I'm gonna return and marry the love of my life.

Eunha smiled, San sounded so in love, she wondered what happened to her.

1677.6.1

It's a blood bath, bodies everywhere, blood everywhere. The horrific smell of rotting and decaying flesh. I will never forget this smell.

1677.6.4

We were able to push them back and set up a base, but the pirates are ruthless. It's like they have no reason to live and are out here killing men left and right. But I'm not scared anymore. I haven't been since I stepped foot on this battlefield.

1677.6.11

It's getting worse. The pirates are pushing us back more, they're outnumbering us. But I'm still determined to get home to my Chaeyung.

1677.7.14

I can't believe he did that to me. He left me to die, one of his own men. But I got my revenge. A band of pirates saved me, made me stronger, more powerful. I hunted him down and slaughtered him. Now I'm going home. I'm coming home Chaeyung.

1677.7.29

That stupid cheating bitch. I gave her and that bastard what they deserved. How could she do this to me? I loved her no matter what. I didn't choose to go to war. Stupid fucking bitch, all humans are the same-

"What do think you're doing?!" Eunha was ripped away from the journal entry, looking up to see San standing beside of her.
She jumped from her chair and began rambling. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have read any of that, it's your personal space, but I didn't know what to do in here-" She couldn't say anything else because his hand came up and grabbed her by her neck, slamming her into the nearest wall. The air was knocked out of her lungs and her windpipe was cut off by his grasp.
Eunha clawed at his hand, her lungs burning from no air. "You think, just because I lock you in here, you can just snoop around someone else's shit and read their personal journal?!"
San, getting more angry by the second, gripped her throat tighter. Eunha felt like her eyes were going to pop out of her skull, she dug her nails into his hand, trying her best to get any air she can. His eyes were shining bright and fiery red, his jaw was clenched and he was seething through his teeth. Eunha felt her head start to float as her vision blurred.
He was suddenly ripped off of her, his hand leaving her neck. She hit the floor and inhaled aggressively, trying to fill her lungs. "Yah!! What the fuck are you doing?!"
Hongjoong was standing in between her and San, a hand gripping the collar of his shirt. Yunho and Mingi were standing in the doorway, analyzing the situation. "I caught that bitch reading my fucking journal, so I taught her not to touch my fucking shit."
The hybrid was fuming, pushing him towards the door. "Take a fucking walk. Go kill something. Jump off a cliff. I don't care but cool the fuck off." San gave the struggling girl on the floor one last glare before zooming past the two vampires standing at the door.
One he was gone, Hongjoong turned and went to her side. "Are you okay? Can you stand?" Eunha was still having trouble getting her breathing back to normal, shaking her head. Hongjoong nodded and picked her up, looking at the two younger vampires. "Go get Yeosang and tell him to meet us in her room."
The two nodded, leaving the room and off to search for Yeosang. Hongjoong carried her down to her room, placing her on her bed. Yeosang was in the room seconds later, racing to her beside. "What happened?! They just said to come quick!"
Their gazes met. "San caught her reading his journal, went ballistic and almost killed her. If I haven't heard him yelling at her he probably would have snapped her neck. I need you to comfort her, I have to find San." Yeosang nodded and sat on the edge of the bed, watching Hongjoong leave before turning back to her.
The frail human had tears in her eyes as she stared at the ceiling, they slowly fell to the sides of her face. Yeosang could see the large hand print that already turned into a black bruise, it laced her neck like it was tattooed to her skin. He felt like he could kill San a hundred times before he could forgive him for this. "I'm so sorry. He hates humans more than any of us... I'll make sure he apologizes-" Eunha cut him off.
"Why is he like that? I understand I evaded his privacy by reading his journal, I went through something that I had no right to, but did I really deserve to be choked like that?" Her voice cracked.
"I can't tell you what I don't know of him from my own experience. It's not my place." Yeosang said, grabbing her hand and caressing it with his thumb. "But if you really want to know, I can share." Eunha nodded, answering his question.
"We met him in 1677, when we were fighting against the Korean army. We surrounded him and his commanding officer. That man stabbed his comrade before taking off, leaving us to kill San. It was hard enough fighting our own race, but seeing that happen to San, Hongjoong was able to save him by turning him. San tracked down his officer and killed him." Yeosang trailed off, watching Eunha's eyes fall in sadness.
"He kept mentioning his fiancé, he wanted us to take him back to her. We did, he told us that if he wasn't back by dawn, he wasn't coming with us. It wasn't an hour he came back covered from head to toe in blood. He didn't say anything and no one asked, we just went on our way." Eunha's eyes widened, she remembered him mentioning her being a cheater.
"Did he ever say what happened?" Eunha asked.
"He did, years later. It's not my place but if you read, you'll know she cheated on him. He killed them both. After that, he was ruthless when it came to humans. I've never seen anyone as fucked up as he was. He not only killed people, he cut them up, left their bodies in weird and obscure angles, mangled them to unrecognizable. As he aged, it died down. You're the first human to be here without him killing them." Yeosang tried to make her feel better but she only scoffed.
"He almost succeeded earlier." Eunha deadpanned, rubbing her sore throat.
"Still, consider yourself lucky. Jongho is more likely to rip your throat out, San will only do it if you piss him off."
"That isn't making me feel better." She let out a light laugh.
"Would a bath make you feel better?"
"Please, that would be amazing."