seventy one;

While Seonghwa had thought they were alone, watching the others leave before he set off to find Eunha, one vampire did come back early. He stepped foot back in the castle and his ears perked up to the only sound in the whole building.
The sound of Eunha's begging and crying, a sentence following behind. "I can't take anymore!"
     This vampire usually didn't care when it came to such situations but knowing it involved the human all of them had grown fond of, he didn't hesitate to bolt towards the cries, Seonghwa's room.
     Before he was about to burst down the door, the situation made sense now that he could hear the whole conversation.
     "Jongho!" A moan slipped from her mouth. "San!" The vampire backed away from the door, slipping down the hallway. He didn't want to hear anymore of what was happening.
     The vampire wasn't sure if he wanted to join the others or hide away in his room like he usually does. He chose to leave again, wanting to be as far away as possible.

Now Playing;
Love Overdose by Daniel Di Angelo

     Eunha closed her eyes, head still laying weak against his shoulder. Her body shook, in waves, almost as if she was vibrating every few seconds. She couldn't control them, constant quivers that came from nowhere. Seonghwa's face was still pressed to her neck, the hand around her throat had fallen to hold her against him.
The vampire leaned back, still holding on to her weak frame, pulling out of her. Eunha shivered at the action, a small noise leaving her mouth. Seonghwa laid her down on the bed, throwing the duvet over them before pulling her to his chest. She still let out shaky breaths, trying to regain control over herself.
One arm laid under her, holding her against him, hoping to help ground her, while the other gently caressed her side in a comforting manner. Her breath fanned the skin of his v-neck top, closing her eyes. "Are you okay?"
Words couldn't bring themselves to roll off her tongue, instead she gave a shaky nod. "We will lay here for a moment and let you recover, then I will clean you up."
She gave another nod in response, her heart beat thumped in her ears, almost covering his words. His hand moved to her hair and began combing it back. "I'm sorry... sometimes I can't control myself. Especially when it comes to you. You're special to me.. in a way that crosses out everything I know and learned. I would..." The vampire paused for a moment, she opened her eyes and he was already staring back.
A hand placed on his cheek, slight tremors jolting her wrist, she tried to keep it steady. His hand left her body and placed on her hand, stilling the movements. "I would do anything for you, and I would kill anyone that laid a finger on you the wrong way.."
Her breath seemed to calm down the longer they laid there, just listening to his words. "The only reason I haven't torn the balls off Geonhak is because I know you care about the others, or at least Seoho; and they would do anything to protect him. But if he ever comes sniffing around for you, believe me he will be taken care of."
Eunha was relieved, but that sliver of anger still burned in her veins, he still hurt Seoho for no reason.
"You can hate me all you want, but I will never stop protecting you, no matter who it is against." The vampire looked down, almost in a motion of shame.
"I could never hate you.." Her voice was weak, cracking from being dry. Gaining control of her hand, she used it to slowly caress his face, his own hand still clutching hers.
Seonghwa finally looked back into her eyes, staring longingly, almost searching for something.
Silence engulfed them moments later, they laid there, gazes locked with each other, and her hand still caressing his cold cheek. He broke eye contact for a second, landing on her lips before back into her eyes. She made the same motion and the vampire leaned towards her.
Their lips met in a soft kiss. This wasn't like the first time, when they were eagerly jumping each others bones; passionate and lustful. She leaned into it, melting against him once more.
The vampire deepened the kissing, adding the exploding passion, but love replaced the lust. Seonghwa removed his hand from hers, placing it on her cheek to pull her closer.
Eunha felt butterflies explode in her stomach, adrenaline driving through her veins like a raging beast. She felt lightheaded and breathed through her nose, the vampire pulled away for a second before captivating her lips again.
Her body ached from the adrenaline, clutching his collar now.
Seonghwa pulled away and stared at her panting, blushed face. Glazed eyes looking back at him. "I love you, Eunha." She stared at him with amazement, clearly taken aback at his response. "It's okay if you don't love me back." The vampire noticed her reaction, and his expression made her heart almost shatter.
     Words fumbled in her mind, scrambling to find the right and truthful response, which she couldn't force out. Her mouth opened to speak, but nothing came out. She felt like she was dreaming, trying to scream but no sound left.
     "It's okay, really. You don't have to say anything, I just wanted you to know how I felt." Seonghwa hid the pain with his charmed smile, patting her cheek and sitting up.
     Arms wrapped under her and she was lifted up, a sharp pain shooting down her spine. She clenched her jaw and sucked in air through her teeth, grabbing Seonghwa's shirt tightly.
     He made his way to the washroom, sitting her on the large counter, leaning her back against the mirror. He stepped away to let the water fill the bath to the right temperature for her.
She watched his every move, they were both still dressed in their previous outfits, minus her pants that had mysteriously disappeared during their session. He strolled back and started to help her out of the top she was wearing.
Muscles and bones in her arms cracked and popped, the cloth slipped off of her and her arms fell back to her sides. Seonghwa picked her up again, raising her off the surface and carrying her to the tub of water.
The warm liquid engulfed her aching body, soothing the soreness away. He helped her lay back in the water before stepping away and out of the washroom.
Her eyes followed him until he was out of view, frowning at his action. The vampire returned seconds later with a glass in his hand, containing a clear liquid. He urged it in her direction, helping tilt her head back to get a drink.
She took a few gulps, satisfying her quench of thirst. He pulled away the glass once she signaled she was finished, it made a clanking noise when it hit the counter.
The vampire began removing his clothing, piece by piece, before helping her sit up. He climbed into the water behind her, resting his legs on each side of her. She leaned back against him, resting her head on his chest, his hands started working against her muscles to relieve pain and tension.
With the help of the water and his massaging, she began to relax and her eyes drifted shut, embracing the comforting warmth.
Her mind drifted to his last spoken words, guilt strangled the comfort, not being able to speak the words of her truth.
It taunted her, ate her from the inside out like a termite. The words were on the edge of her tongue, but she couldn't find the will to let them go.
His hands went from her shoulders, down her arms, and now working on her thighs and waist. She hissed at the pain, he comforted her by rubbing his cheek against her head. They sat in the silence, it was almost comforting if she didn't have the gnawing feeling. The splashing of water from his hands moving felt like it grew louder in her ears, blocking out everything.
Seonghwa stopped massaging her, grabbing the bar of soap and began washing her off, starting with her arms, leaning her forward to do her to torso, then her legs. Every once in a while massaging in places that hurt just the right way.
After finishing her legs, he helped her lean back to wet her hair, before massaging her scalp. She fell into the touch, laying against his chest, almost falling asleep.
"Okay, I'm going to get you out and dry you off now." His voice almost made her jump, so used to the silence.
Eunha nodded in response, letting him lift her from the water and sit her on the edge, grabbing the towel and began to drape it around her body, soaking up all the water droplets.
Once completely dried, they moved to the bedroom and he handed her a robe to wear, helping her with the sleeves. They snuggled back into the bed, Eunha getting as close as she can to the vampire. Her head laid against his chest, feeling the slow rise and fall.
     "I love you, too."