eighty eight;

A million things ran through his mind. But only one screamed at him the most.
Eunha used gold against him. The only thing that can weaken them and harm them. Wolfsbane didn't harm him as much as gold.
     Hongjoong was angry, furious. He felt like she stabbed him in the heart with it.
     She continued to stare down at the golden blade, not even realizing she had picked it up in her rush. The hybrid was looking at her with a look of pure rage, and when he made a step towards her; she held it up. "Eunha, put that down."
     Hongjoong kept a hand out, while the other held the burning wound. She didn't listen, keeping it pointed at him, placed between her and him. "Eunha."
     She felt a tear slip down her cheek. "I'm sorry.. I didn't know.. but you were hurting me!"
     He was still pissed, but Zero tried to calm him down, only making it worse. "Put it.. fucking.. down." Hongjoong stepped forward, watching her hand shake.
     "No! You're mad.. you're gonna hurt me again.." More tears slipped from her eyes, blurring her vision and fogging up his figure. Her hand shook to the point of almost dropping it, using her other hand to steady it.
     "Oh, baby girl, you bet I'm going to fucking hurt you." His voice has dropped too many octaves to be Zero, no it was still Hongjoong.
     The slash in his chest only fueled into his anger, but his raging hard on was spiraling his hormones. Something was happening to him, his body switched from burning hot to ice cold.
     A voice rang in his head, and he felt his anger turn to dread. "It's happening early, Joong."
     A rush of adrenaline and hormones, one's he was all too familiar with, washed over him and he bent over when the pain started, groaning loudly.
     Eunha stared at the hybrid, fear becoming confusion. "Hongjoong.." The hybrid made a loud cry as he dropped to his knees, hugging himself tightly. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-"
She was about to run to his side, panicked by his reaction, but he snapped his sharp teeth at her, making her jump back.
"Get out!"
"But, Joong- I'm sorry, I really didn't know I grabbed it when I- please forgive me.. I would never-" The hybrid made a deep, guttural growl, one that shut her mouth instantly.
"You don't understand! You have to leave!" Hongjoong didn't sound angered anymore, he sounded like he was in pain.
A pain she caused. "No, I can't leave you while you're hurt-" She tried to comfort him again, dropping the knife and rushing to his side.
She placed a hand on his shoulder and something in him snapped. His hands grabbed her arms, almost crunching the bones under her flesh. He pushed her to the floor and hovered over her. His eyes were shining purple and his fangs protruded past his lips. He was growling and snarling at her.
Just as fast as it happened, he was off of her, as if throwing himself away. He stumbled to the floor beside of the bed and out of sight from her. She still felt his grip from how tight it was, black and blue painting itself under her skin.
Eunha scooted herself away from him, nudging the knife in the process. She looked at it, the sudden feeling of the leather grip in her palm. "Hongjoong.. what's happening to you?"
The sounds of moaning, groaning, and growling erupted from where he fell, soon scratching on the floorboards. "Please.. go. Take the knife, and don't stop running until you find one of the others.."
"Joong.. what-"
"Go! Now! I'm-" He growled as a pain hit him again. "Early rut.. You have to go!"
Realization hit her, almost knocking her over. She sat there, still stunned, watching the hybrid try to stand with the help of the bed. His eyes opened, making eye contact with her. "GO!"
Eunha was frozen, this night started out fine, now it's come to actual life or death. He probably wouldn't kill her, but surely he could. "FUCKING GO! Before I actually fuck you to death.. NOW!"
His voice rattled her core, she was up on her feet in seconds, bolting towards the locked door. The noises of the fighting hybrid grew louder and more animalistic.
Oh how coincidental this was.
It started out as a game of cat and mouse, now it's not a game. She didn't get any advantages or a head start. This is the real deal.
The door swung open after she unlocked it, flying down the hallway towards the spiral staircase. She jumped down as many steps she could, reaching the bottom floor.
Eunha didn't think about hiding or being quiet, only pace and finding the others. "EUNHA!"
Ice chilled her insides, turning her head to glance and see Hongjoong on the second floor, looking down at her. Her view was cut off by the wall as she made her way to the front doors.
She was running on pure adrenaline, earlier her legs were recovering from both Mingi and San. She could still feel the ache in them, it was burning now.
The castle grew quiet, the only noises where her boots hitting the slick floor and her past paced breathing. She took each corner almost too fast, hitting the wall each time and pushing herself forward.
She finally found the main doors, smashing into them with all she had to make them swing open. She bolted outside and towards the back dimly lit paths, heading out into the darkness of the night.
Eunha still had the blade fit tightly in her hand, the only thing keeping her grounded and going. Everything screamed at her to keep moving, she didn't want to be caught this time.
She weaved through the back paths and around the side of the castle, hearing movement behind her. She barely made it to the end of the hedges before she was shoved to the ground. "Seong-" A hand slapped over her lips and cut off her cry for help, the only sound that could be heard was her muffled scream.
The force of Hongjoong's weight trapped her hands underneath her, the knife digging into her lower stomach and almost slicing the flesh.
Eunha didn't give up, wiggling under the force of the immortal. "You're no match for us..."
Hongjoong lifted them off the ground, holding her firmly against him. Once her arms were free, she flailed them. He grabbed her free hand by the wrist and grabbed the knife by the blade.
He didn't flinch or jump away this time, he kept ahold of it while it sizzled and popped in his palm. He dragged them back inside, continuing to hold the knife that didn't seem to phase him.
Once they were back inside, he threw her on the floor before turning back to the doors. He locked it before snapping the lock off the doors, hindering it from being opened without force.
While he did so, she took it as her chance to grab the knife that was thrown from her hands and scurry away to hide. Her weakened legs matched with being thrown around the last few days were severely starting to catch up with her.
Eunha ran around a few hallways and corridors to spread her scent out, hopefully slowing the hybrid down.
She didn't realize how seriously fucked she was in the situation, she still had hope the others would come back. She panicked when she heard the low growling with soft footsteps coming closer. She quickly and quietly jumped into a small cabinet that was in the hallway, shutting the door.
"Do you really think the others will save you?" From the sound of his voice, he was near the cabinet she hid in, her heart beat racing louder. "I told them not to come back until the sun came up. We have all the privacy in the world. And I'm going to fuck you until someone pulls me off of you."
The doors to the cabinet ripped open, the hinges flying off. Eunha screamed at the same time she jumped out, swinging the knife as she did so.
She fell onto the floor, the handle being ripped from her hands. She looked up and seen it embedded into his lower abdomen, the hilt flush with his skin.
The familiar sound of the cracking and sizzling filled her ears, the hybrid stared at it before looking back at her.
Eunha darted from the floor and into a full sprint, but she didn't get far. The hybrid grabbed a fistful of her hair, yanking her backwards until she hit his chest.
"Now what are you going to do? I have the knife baby girl."