sixty seven;

Hongjoong was surprised by Yeosang's reaction and his venom laced words. He was about to say something but the other spoke again. "You know you can't control yourself sometimes. To think you would put her through that,"
      "Yeosang I think you need to calm down-" Hongjoong could feel the jealousy of his other half flaring up inside of him.
      "And with San, of all people. You know he doesn't fucking care about her, and you let him talk you into it." Yeosang was furious, angry at Hongjoong for allowing it to happen and at himself for not stopping it and letting them use her.
     Hongjoong let out a laugh, hands landing on the back of the couch. "All of you get it easy. You make a decision with your whole self." The wooden splintered under the cloth stretched over it. "I have a whole other personality that I deal with and fight with on the daily. Sometimes he wants to rip your throats out, sometimes he wants to hold her down."
     Yeosang moved slightly, body now hovering over Eunha, and his face inches from the hybrids. "It was a whole war my last rut. You don't know how hard it was fighting him not to come back here, for her." Hongjoong noticed the blonde vampires movements, and anger filled his veins, fueled from him. He knew Yeosang was protecting her, and it angered him more that it was from himself.
      "Shouldn't that be a sign to stay away from her?"
      A growl left the hybrids lips this time, followed by a deepened voice. "Careful, you seen what I did to San."
     "Only difference, he deserved it." Yeosang's following words seemed to calm the hybrid down.
     "Yes, yes he fucking did."

"You're wasting your time, she's just a little devil that only wants one thing."
     "Watch yourself, San."
     "I don't know why you're so afraid to let her meet him. You might as well let him get ahold of her, since everyone else will eventually."

"Just stay away from her until the bruises heal." Hongjoong bit the inside of his cheek, blood coating his mouth. It was his own now instead of San's from the incident hours ago.
     He stood up straight and without another word, left the room.
Yeosang watched him leave, sitting back next to her. He engulfed her sleeping form in his arms and sandwiched her against him and the cushions.
"I'll protect you, my Goddess."

Yunho and Eunha sat on the sand, waves crashing up against the shore. The moon illuminated the night from the highest part of the sky and allowed her eyes to see the ocean move with the night. She couldn't take her eyes off the sight, actually seeing the ocean this close, and feeling it hit her toes.
"I can't believe you got to live with this view for years. I would never leave." Yunho was leaned back with his arms propping him up, eyes skipping the ocean and landing on her instead.
"It was spectacular for the first few years, and after that it just felt like home to me. The sound of the night waves crashing against the side of the ship." Yunho watched her eyes dance with the ocean, the reflection of the moon shining back at him.
"Why did you leave, then?" Eunha took her gaze off the ocean for the first time since she sat on the beach, meeting his eyes.
"The age of piracy was coming to an end, there was a village we stayed at for a little while. That's when Oliver and James kept recruiting vampires to come and kill us, they struck the village while we left to hunt and when we came back, there was only one survivor. It was a little boy, by the name Jung Wooyoung." Eunha listened to his words, remembering hearing it from Wooyoung's perspective.
     "We took him in and decided to start laying low. We spent close to half a century searching for somewhere to hide where no one would find us. By then Wooyoung was a very new vampire, and I know Yeosang told you about him finding Jongho." Yunho continued the story, filling in blanks for her memory.
      "I find that amazing. It would make a really good book." A smile grew on her cheeks, the vampire returned it. Eunha felt herself lean towards him, resting her head on his shoulder and gazing back at the crashing waves.
     "Can I ask you a question?" Yunho stared at the moon, humming a soft reply.
     "You've known Hongjoong and San for a while, how did they behave towards each other before I came along?" The mortal asked.
     Yunho was about to speak but she cut him off. "And tell me the truth." The vampire shut his lips at her words, giving it some thought.
     "If Hongjoong were our dad, San was the favorite son." Yunho made his reply simple, not wanting to put alot of detail.
     Eunha felt a wave of guilt wash over her. "So.. what you're saying is... until I showed up, they've never fought?"
     Yunho was careful with his next words. "They fought, that's not what I'm saying. But Joong has never wolfed out on him, and snapped his neck."
     "Okay, San is the spoiled child that always got his way?" Eunha tried again, not sure if she was getting it right this time.
     "Basically, Hongjoong loves you and he doesn't want to share, but he's willing to for his brothers. But he knows how San feels towards you, and he hates it." Yunho explained, feeling her nod against his shoulder, understanding better.
     "Me being around has made everyone jealous of each other?"
     "You noticed?" Yunho replied with a joke this time, making them both chuckle. "I see you're becoming more comfortable with being with more than one of us." Eunha kept her eyes on the water, memorizing every detail the waves created.
     "It wasn't exactly my idea, first off," She tutted loudly. "but as time has went on I've grown fond of most of you. I don't see myself with just one of you."
     "So you love more than one of us?"
      "I never said that!"