sixty eight;

est. 1597
Panamá City Port

Now Playing;
The Beach by The Neighbourhood

   The ship rocked slowly, the wave crashing against it, pushed the massive structure against the port. Yunho could see the small city through the small porthole, it was dirtied from the inside, almost making it impossible to see through.
     He hasn't eaten in days, he couldn't remember when he last seen one of the crew mates. They just left him down there, chained to one of the beams.
     Yunho doesn't remember how he came about the situation he was forced in. He was a soldier that was kidnapped by pirates and forcibly held down here. No food, no water, no human interaction. Yunho thought he was going crazy.
     The old ship provided plenty of noises, eventually he wasn't sure if they were actually making the noise or if he had heard it so long, it plays in his ears on repeat.
     Yunho's arms were far from tired, they were exhausted from being held up above his head, in the same position. He didn't know how long he was here, and he had lost all feeling in his arms, only his fingertips tingle.
     Yunho remembered sleeping in his tent, at the campsite. Only when he woke up, to the faces of the pirates, all other tents were gone. Yunho could only suspect they left him there, or he didn't hear them call for him when they were leaving. He didn't know, but he begged silently to whoever could listen, that someone would save him, or he would pass faster, and not have to live like this much longer.
     Sounds of footsteps above his head and yelling from the crew let him know they were leaving the dock soon. The gangplank, was pulled from the dock, and Yunho expected the movement from the ship, but it never came.
     There was a loud thump, and the crew began yelling. Yunho tried to listen to their words but it was muffled from the floor between them. The yelling turned to screaming, a type of scream he had never heard come from anyone, not even from the battlefield.
     Yunho sat and listened to the ear splitting screaming from each crew, and it slowly stopped, one by one. Eventually Yunho heard nothing but the water crashing against the side of the ship.
     Confusion set in immediately, and questions ran rapidly through his mind. Finally there was something. Footsteps, it sounded like two different strides, and Yunho's chest filled with hope.
     "H-hello?"
     The footsteps stopped all movement, and Yunho suddenly became terrified. He spoke in a low voice, meaning, anyone with normal hearing wouldn't have heard his words. Yunho understood that two people just got rid of the entire crew, and were now on there way to the bottom deck, where he was.
     Fear and adrenaline rushed through his veins, but it wasn't enough. He laid there and waited for his end, his prayers finally answered.
     The sound of a latch breaking and wooden door opening filled his ears, and he watched two, what he thought, vampires make their way towards him. This time he pleaded in his native tongue.
     "Please just kill me.. get it over with."
     The movement stopped abruptly, the two gave each other a look before one moved into the light of the portholes.
     Yunho's eyes widened as he laid sight on an almost familiar face, these two were Korean. "This one is Korean. What do we do, Joong?"
     "You know what we have to do." Yunho's heart was crushed once again, the tiny sliver of hope that was left in him blew away with the wind.
     Yunho closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the end. The end he'd been waiting for since he was dragged into the lower deck and beaten, starved for days.
     Except it never came, instead there was a loud clank, and his arms that were originally hanging above his head, fell to his sides and he shrieked at the movement. For a second, he thought they ripped his arms off, just by the pain he experienced, but the stinging in his shoulder and tingling he felt in his finger tips, showed him otherwise.
     He opened his eyes to see the two faces of the vampires. "Why not kill me?" His voice was weak and strained from lack of water.
     Hongjoong stared at the human, seeing his hollowed cheeks and fainted complexion. "It's bad enough they had someone held captive, beating and starving them. But to know it was one of our own, makes it even better how we slaughtered them."
     "But you're.. vampires."
     Seonghwa stepped forward and kneeled in front of Yunho, making the humans exhausted heart race.
     "Yes, indeed we are. But that doesn't mean we don't look out for our own." Seonghwa helped Yunho stand on his feet, careful not to hurt the delicate human.
      "Come, you look like you haven't eaten in weeks."
      "You could say that..."

     "They took me in, as well as taking ownership of the ship. They gave me a choice of staying with them or leaving to live my own life. But I had grown a close friendship with them, and I knew I was safer. So I stayed with them, and we sailed for two years. Unfortunately, something happened and I was wounded very badly."
     Yunho didn't take his eyes off the sea, thinking of the memories made it feel like it was just yesterday he was experiencing such a wild ride, and positive turn of events. Eunha watched the moon dance in the reflection of the waves, listening to his every word. Her head was still pressed comfortably against his shoulder, and his words vibrated her skull as they left his mouth.
     "I was bleeding out, and I begged them to change me. I had just been able to love again, after I thought my life was over. I didn't want it to end, I wasn't as accepting about it like I was when they found me on the lower deck of that ship. For the first time in my years, I wanted to live."
      Eunha spoke this time. "I've heard from the others that when they're first turned, it's very difficult. How was it for you?"
     "I was horrible to be around when I was hungry, I don't remember much of when I was first turned, it's a bloody blur that I don't like thinking about. Seonghwa said that I had better control than him but it wasn't enough." Yunho finally looked away from the sea, and fixated on her. Eunha noticed his movement and looked back at him, taking her head off his shoulder.
     "I can't see you as a killer." Their eyes met, and his seemed to soften at her words before he looked away again.
     "Eunha, we're monsters. I've killed more people than years I've been alive." Yunho couldn't look her in the eye. "I'm a monster."
     Eunha noticed he wouldn't look at her, so she grabbed his shoulder, and his eyes finally met hers. Pained eyes, met pained eyes.
     "I don't see you as one, and that's all that matters to me."