twenty one;

Jongho had to leave the first day for his and Eunha's sake, being around her was bad enough on a normal day but the next week was gonna be hell for him. Wooyoung accompanied him, not feeling in his best interests to be there as well.
     Everyone else was visibly uncomfortable, staying far away from her as possible. Yeosang occasionally visited her but even he couldn't stand being around the smell. Hongjoong visited her on the second night but he almost went into a frenzy.

     The third day no one could visit her, locking her in her room for her own safety and occasionally leave food and water, sometimes wine at her door. The cramps weren't as bad as they used to be, not until the fourth day.
     Eunha laid in her bed, whining from the contractions in her uterus. Yeosang sat against her door, listening to her cries and whimpers, wishing he could help her.
     Hongjoong walked down the hall with a basket of her usual, arriving at her door to see a saddened vampire. Yeosang sensed his presence and looked up. "I wish I could help her. But we all know that no one can go in there. It's not safe for her."
     The hybrid sighed and sat the food down beside Yeosang. "Sadly, this is what all women have to endure monthly. You should go take a run, get your mind off of things. I'll stay here and watch over her." Yeosang nodded and stood up with Hongjoong. "Thank you, you really are the best captain."
     Yeosang punched his shoulder lightly and walked away. Hongjoong smiled to himself and grabbed the food before opening the door, a wave of sweet metallic hit him in the face. He shook his hand and eyes landed on the bed, finding a ball in the middle of the duvet.
     Hongjoong felt a sharp pain in his chest, seeing the tears fall off her cheeks and hit the bed. He laid the food down and walked over to the bed, the urge to feed completely gone.
     He frowned and crawled on the bed, gently grabbing her and pulling her into his hold. He adjusted her so she was laying on top of him, her limbs wrapped around his torso. Her head laid on his chest and she looked up at him. "I'm sorry.."
     The hybrid moved to hair out of her face. "Why are you sorry?"
     "For being a burden. Jongho had to leave, all of you are on edge. I haven't moved from this room in three days and none of you can even get as close as the door." Eunha replied, a distinct frown on her face.
     "Jongho will be fine, right now being out there is better for him than being here. And this isn't your fault, none of us are holding it against you. We just aren't used to being this close to a woman menstruating, for longer than a few hours. It's a bit of a change but we will adapt. It's actually better for the younger vampires so they can gain control." Hongjoong caressed her cheek.
     "I just feel depressed being all cooped up in here, but if I leave I'm putting you all in an uncomfortable situation." Eunha looked down, her finger following the seam on his shirt.
     "Well, I can keep you company for the rest of your sentence in here." Hongjoong cracked a joke, seeing a small smile on her face.
     Eunha snuggled her face into his chest and closed her eyes, keeping the smile on her face. "Thank you." Hongjoong felt what he could only describe as fuzziness growing in his stomach.
"Can I ask you a personal question?" Hongjoong asked.
"The carpet matches the drapes." Eunha replied nonchalantly.
Hongjoong looked down at her with a confused looked before he realized. "Oh I know." He smirked before laughing. "But touché."
"Yes, go ahead." She giggled in response.
"I know you have said before about what happened in your village, but I would like to know, if you're okay with telling me."

Eunha met the charming vampire only months ago, immediately swooning over him. He seemed just as charmed by her, taking an instant liking. One night she snuck out to visit him but instead she caught him feeding on an innocent.
Eunha was so star stuck by the vampire she agreed to hide his secret and they met frequently, when it was revealed there was a vampire she hid him in her family barn and took up the chores in there to be there with him.
     That dreadful night she found her family slaughtered, immediately knowing it was Soojin.

     "He revealed my crime before his execution. I fell in love with a vampire and the price was the lives of my family."
     Hongjoong frowned at her backstory, knowing that Soojin was lucky was he was already dead or he would finish the job. "I'm sorry that happened to you, but you need to stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault you're so caring that you trusted the most dangerous predator. He led you to believe he was good, yet he betrayed your trust and killed your family. He was evil and that is not something you can control. I mean... you're caring enough to let eight more vampires into your life."
     Eunha eyed him. "But did I really let you?" Hongjoong laughed and she joined him.
     "Okay fair enough."