thirty eight;

"Why did you act so cold towards me?" Seonghwa looked at the human walking beside him.
     "I've never been good when it comes to talking to beautiful women." Eunha blushed and looked down at his comment. "Besides, we've never kept someone around for food. We've always killed them after we were satisfied."
     Eunha looked back up at the vampire with confusion and a hint of fear. She had many questions, but didn't want to bombard the brooding immortal. "Don't worry, doll, we don't plan on getting rid of you." He stopped walking, making the human do the same, except he turned towards her. Seonghwa was directly in front of her, looking down with a unknowing look in his eye. "And I don't.." He paused his sentence.
     She tried to read his face for the answer, but he was like a locked box, wearing the key around his neck. "I don't see you as food anymore."
     Eunha couldn't ignore the skip in her heart beat, and neither did he. The vampire leaned down, faces now inches from one another. "I just hope I can show you I'm not always the monster you see me as."
     They stood there, engulfed in the treacherous silence, neither one moving nor speaking. "What's your favorite color?"
     Seonghwa was taken aback at her question, straightening his posture slightly. "Pardon?"
     "Let me know the real you then, a monster wouldn't have a favorite color." Eunha joked slightly, a small smile growing on her lips.
     Seonghwa smiled with a slight hum, bringing his hand up to run his fingers through her hair. "Silver."
     Eunha's smile grew wider. "Mine too." Seonghwa grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers before he pulled down the corridor with him. "Where are you taking me anyway?"
     "Somewhere no one will hear us." The vampire replied, dragging her towards a large dark wooded door, pushing it open to reveal a black abyss.
     "Hold on, you're gonna take me into a dark, sound proof dungeon-" Eunha was cut off by the vampire turning to face her.
     "Why, you don't trust me?" He made a faked hurt expression, still holding onto her.
     "Trust is a big word.." Seonghwa shrugged his shoulders and nodded slightly, understanding her statement. He grabbed the oil lamp hanging on the wall beside of the door. "Got a match, doll?"
     Eunha checked the imaginary pockets in her tight cloth pants, very much sarcastically. "Sure don't, dear." She looked up at the vampire who gave her a blank and unfazed expression.
     "There's some down there." He gave her a smirk.
     "So what, you're gonna drag me down there in the pitch black?" Eunha looked at him, watching his smirk grow into a maniacal smile. "Don't even think-"
     Seonghwa started down the steps into the dark, pulling her directly behind him. "Seonghwa!"
     Eunha couldn't do anything but follow behind his footsteps, making sure she was indeed stepping on the wooden steps. They got to the bottom, fully engulfed in the darkness, Eunha wouldn't even know the vampire was in front of her if it hadn't been for their hands intertwined and her other arm wrapped his. Seonghwa fiddled with a few drawers before picking something out if it, Eunha heard him shuffling until the strike filled the silence, and the flame from the match lit the area around them. Seonghwa lit the lamp on the desk before moving to the others, leaving the human to stand by the already lit lamp.
     She looked at the room around her, it didn't look like the usual dungeon, no hanging chains or torture weapons. It almost looked like a den; a small bookcase, a chair sitting beside it, a large wardrobe and desk beside it. "What is this place?"
     "I come here to get away from all the 'excitement'. I'm not much for chaos or racket. I prefer to be where it's quiet, where I can think." Seonghwa explained, lighting the last lamp.
     "What do you do down here?" Eunha walked around the small room, admiring everything.
     "Think, write, work out." He turned to watch her as she looked around. "Sing." Her gaze snapped from the bookcase to his face.
     "You can sing?" Eunha asked. "Is that what you write, songs?"
     Seonghwa stepped towards her slightly. "You ask a lot of questions."
     Eunha watched him get closer. "I do ask a lot of questions."
     Seonghwa didn't say anything, instead humming in response. "I saw you as this cold and closed off being, but hearing the others talk about the real you, makes me ever more curious to know who you are."
     Seonghwa tilted his head questioningly. "I know you're a prince."
     "I was a prince." Seonghwa replied this time, taking another step towards her.
     "You have a power like no other, you came from royal blood line, you have battle experience, you're absolutely beautiful. You live in a castle. You have a band of brothers who you would protect with your life, and they the same. Not to mention you were a pirate. You're a prince of the sea." Eunha stated, still looking up at him, he was only a few feet away from her this time. Seonghwa stood still, watching her face.
     "I'll be whatever you want me to be." His response surprised her, confusing her as well. She didn't say anything, not sure how to respond. "No, I don't write songs, I sing ones I've picked up on in the past few hundred years. I like to write stories, adventure, horror, mystery. Just about anything."
     Seonghwa stepped to the side of her, reaching for a grey, paper back book before handing it to her. "What's this?"
     "Read it." Eunha examined the book he placed in her hands, the cover was blank so she opened the first page.
     "You wrote this?" Eunha looked up at him, seeing his eyes light up at her excitement.
     He hummed, her gaze going back to the page as she flipped it. "Desire." She read allowed.
     "You want to know about me?" She looked up at him again, he was now inches from her face, making her breath hitch in her throat. "You can learn a lot from someone just from their deepest passion."