eighty;

"Tonight is the full moon, if they're working together now, when it's a crazed night; what do you think is going to happen when we try to make our move?"
     "We brought wolfsbane for a reason, lace up a couple arrows. We only need to hit one."

     Seoho built a fire to warm up the cabin, sitting beside Eunha in front of it. "Youngjo and the others, as well as me, know exactly what wolves go through. We can't imagine having to deal with a hybrid and have no idea what it's like."
     "Don't you hate them, though?" She was slouched forward, wrapped snuggly in the quilt, chin resting on her forearms.
     "I don't really hate anyone, but we were raised to despise them. This has been wolf territory for generations, our ancestors hated them for their thirst of blood." She listened intently, hugging her knees closer to conceal the heat. "Hongjoong being a hybrid scared them, but they have never bothered us. And we tried not to bother them, but Geonhak.. I want to apologize for that once again. He's actually not like that... his wolf is just one of what you would call... a bad apple."
     "You don't have to apologize. You saved me that day. I don't know what it's like to be a wolf, so I can't hate him for what his wolf does. But I can hate his wolf." She grimaced at the memory, making a silly face that made him laugh a little.
    "You said earlier the moon phase you're born on, decides when you turn on the full moon? How does that exactly work?" She looked at him this time, finding the wolf's eyes already on her.
     "A few generations ago, they figured out whatever phase the moon is when you're born, will effect when you change. I'm not really sure how, but it's very accurate. Wolves born on a full moon, feel the effects all night long. Someone like me who's born on a new moon, only have to deal with it for a few hours of the moon being in the sky. Crescent moons start when the moon is either a few hours from dusk, or dawn. And half moon wolves begin when the moon hits the middle of the sky. It's a lot to remember, I'm the only one who was born on a new moon, so I'm fine before the others start changing. Geonhak is the only one born on a full moon."
"Wow," She sat there trying to cram all of the information down. "being a wolf sounds very complex.."
"Yeah, it's not my favorite thing."
"So, does the moon phase also differentiate how much control you have over your wolf?" Eunha wasn't even sure what moon phase Hongjoong was born on, but she had a feeling it was a full one. "And do you think being a hybrid would change that?"
"In a way, yes, Geonhak has very little control when it comes to his wolf, I have more control than the others, but they aren't as severe as he is." The wolf let her open him like a book, giving her any information she craved. "And I'm not sure about the hybrid thing, as far as I know, Hongjoong is the only living hybrid."
Eunha nodded, looking away from him and letting the heat from the flame warm her face. "How much control do you have?"
"I don't want to scare you," She looked back at him, watching the light dance on his skin.
"I don't fear you." The corner of his mouth twitched upward slightly, her eyes caught it.
"My wolf is screaming at me to claim you right now, so they can't have you." He waited for her to shy away, run, jump back, or something. But instead she stayed in her spot, distance so little they were almost touching. "He's selfish, only cares about what he wants. But what I want, is for you to have what you want."
"We are all a little selfish, aren't we?"
"I guess you're right." The two sat in silence, neither one saying the next word.
It stayed like that for a while, she started to feel slightly drowsy, trying to keep herself upright.
     A few more seconds past, the wolf jumped from his spot and fear filled his eyes. "What's wrong?!"
     "He found us." She stood up quickly as well, clutching the quilt closer. The wolf lifted her off the ground, bolting out the back door.
     The night air hit her face, almost knocking it from her lungs. Her fingers were locked together, draped over his neck. A loud growl filled the area, Seoho almost immediately stopped from the alpha's command but he kept moving.
     "Give her back!" The voice that barked through the trees, she knew as Zero. She could differentiate the two, not needing the circumstances of the situation to help.
     Seoho stopped his feet, dropping her and pushing her away. "Run! Don't fucking stop!"
     Eunha almost fell from the harsh shove, the quilt slipped off of her and she stumbled, trying to find her footing. She was barefoot, and barely made a few steps before she tripped, falling against a tree.
     The darkness was dimly lit by the bright moon, allowing her to watch the black wolves snarl at each other. She didn't have to squint to know who was which wolf. The bigger wolf towered over Seoho, but that didn't seem to scare him as they were nose to nose.
     "Zero! Please!" Her attempts to stop the hybrid were to no avail, she could only watch the scene play out.
     Zero lunged at the smaller wolf, tackling him to the ground. She shut her eyes, not wanting to watch what was about to happen.
      Eunha heard the small whines of pain and she shot up from her spot, bolting towards the fighting wolves. She couldn't let him kill Seoho, even the wolf knew he had no chances against the hybrid alone, but he wouldn't let that stop him from protecting her. It was her turn to try and protect him.
     She grabbed the hybrids fur on his nape and pulled back, hoping to distract him. He didn't seem to notice so she began beating his back with her fist.
     The wolf noticed and left the wolf on the ground, turning around to knock her off him, throwing her to the ground.
     Eunha's back hit the tree a few feet away, making the air in her lungs dissipate. She gasped for air, trying to refill the empty lungs as she watched the two wolves start their fight once again.
      The hybrid was winning this fight, teeth wrapping around his throat. Tears slipped down her throat, her futile attempt failed miserably.
     A yelp filled the forest, followed by pained cry for help. Both wolves stopped their movements, heads darting up in the direction of the noise.
     Eunha couldn't get the air back in her lungs, her lungs refusing to work properly. Both wolves stood still for a moment, listening intently with perked ears.
     A loud howl sent the two running off into the darkness, leaving her still gasping for air. Fear filled her chest and her vision grew blurry, head feeling empty like her lungs.
     Eunha leaned over, beating her chest and trying to inhale. A cough left her lips before air finally filled her lungs, making her gasp and pant harshly.
     She laid on the ground, getting her breathing steady before she lifted herself back against the tree, the sudden realization of being completely alone set in.
     Her sense of direction was compromised when the hybrid showed up, leaving her clueless to where they came from. She still wasn't quite sure how to get back to the cabin, let alone their cottage where the wolves lived.
     Something about the moments before they left her alone made her worry more. One of Seoho's pack mates was injured, she knew that. But the only one trying to hurt them was Zero, and he was about to rip out Seoho's throat in front of her.
     Her eyes caught the quilt she previously wore, getting up on shaky legs to grab it. She wrapped it around her shaking form and looked around, searching for any light in the darkness.
No soft orange light to identify the cabin they were in previously, not even the shadow.
Defeated, she sat back against a tree, covering herself from the night sir. Stick's stabbed at her thighs and legs, still wearing the gown that covered to her knees.
She hated feeling so helpless in that moment, lost in the dark of the night.

"You fucking dumbass."
"You told me to shoot the black wolf, I shot the black wolf."
Two men dressed in black cloaks sneaked their way off the wolves territory, heading back to the safety of the village.
"There are three black wolves." They whispered among themselves, careful not to alert any immortals.
"You could have told me that before."
"It doesn't matter, they'll have to leave to find a cure. I took care of their supply while they were out."