seventy eight;

Mingi stared at the living space, seeing the damaged couch along with the human hanging out of the window and the vampire hovering over her. The thick aroma of blood was coming from both of them, covering their chest and dripping down her back.
     The vampire covered his nose, the mixed scent of lust and their releases souring together. The pain in her back got worse, making her raise up and away from the pain. She crashed into Yunho's heaving chest, the vampire finally seeing the problem.
"Fuck.." He picked her up off the ledge, carrying her towards the couch.
"Oh my fucking gods... what the fuck did you do to her? She's covered in bites and cuts!" Mingi gave a growl to the tallest vampire, only towering over him by a few centimeters.
"Will you just shut up and fix it?" He placed her on the arm of the sofa, making the human wince.
"Yeah, you all cause the damage and I'm just here to fix it." Mingi stalked closer and examined the cuts on her back.
"Can we not talk about this? Push your jealousy aside and heal her. I know I fucked up a little but at least I didn't almost kill her." Both the human and younger vampire knew the jab was towards Wooyoung, Mingi gave the older a stare before going to plucking glass from her skin.
Eunha cried out at the pain, clutching onto Yunho's arms. He held her to his chest, soothing her by petting her hair. "Do you have to be so harsh?"
"I'm not. I'm fixing the problem." His tone was harsh, along with his hands.
Yunho gave him a warning growl, vibrating her chest. "Don't take it out on her because you haven't gotten laid."
"Why would I do it now when I can do it as I'm actually laying her?"

"Her back is done." Mingi stood up from crouching, examining the cuts that were completely gone now before his eyes fell on her neck.
     "Let me take her to her room where you can finish the rest." The human was still pressed against his chest, sleeping peacefully.
     "Not sure that's a good idea.."
     "Wooyoung wouldn't mind some company, it's fine-" Mingi cut him off, giving him a certain look.
     "No, believe me, he has company alright. San paid him a visit." From the mentioning of the certain vampire, it clicked in his mind.
     "Oh.. I see now."
     "Take her to Hongjoong's room, she won't be bothered there. He won't be back until the morning." Yunho nodded and picked her up gently, trying not to wake her, and followed the younger vampire to the hybrids room.
     The tallest laid her on the bed and Mingi got to work on her neck and the bites on her legs. "Gods, Yunho. I'm surprised you didn't break any bones."
     "Did you see the kitchen counter top?"
     "No, but I seen the sofa and the window frame. You're a beast."

     Zero knew what they were doing, following him like they always did. The hybrid juked them into thinking he went one way but in reality he headed back to the castle. He caught the scent of her blood and became enraged, heading back immediately after he lost them.
What are you doing?
     I'm checking on her, chill out.
     Zero gave Hongjoong a relaxed purr, the furry they felt from the moon dissipated at the smallest hint of her blood. The hybrid made his way to the front gates and around the side of the castle where the scent was strongest.
     His nose led him to a window with broken glass, he looked up and seen blood on the frame. The wolf hopped up into the window, smelling around where he blood was.
     He followed her scent to his room, sneaking past the two vampires that entered the living area. The scent of her blood cascading throughout the castle demolished any means of his presence to them.
     Zero was led to their room, slipping through the cracked door to find the human laying on the bed, no sign of blood or a trace of it in the room. He nosed around the room and only found the freshness and dampness that radiated off her.
    Don't you find it odd that we don't feel the effects of the moon?
     Zero stared at the human as he spoke to Hongjoong.
    I know it has everything to do with her.
     The bed dipped suddenly, bringing her out of her dazed sleep. Something warm and covered in fur pressed against her side.
     The bright light cast from the moon allowed her enough light to see the pitch blackness laying beside her. Her hand grazed it's back, flinching when it moved it's head to face her.
     Two glowing, purple eyes stared at her, making her heart race in her chest. Hongjoong, or Zero, was laying beside of her.
     She laid still, not wanting to move and anger the hybrid. He continued to stare at her, knowing she's awake now. Something rumbled in his throat, but it wasn't quite a growl. It was softer, less threatening. A purr.
     He laid his head down beside of her's, on the pillow, eyes still shining at her. "You aren't scary when you're not chasing me down."
     He gave another soft purr, breaking the ice enough for her to slowly lift her arm and place it on his head, giving small pets. The more she gave him, she more comfortable and lax she grew with her motions.
     His eyes lolled closed, opening again as if trying to stay awake. "Are you... Zero right now?"
     The wolf purred again, answer her question. "Can Hongjoong hear me too?" Another purr, and his eyes swayed open, ears perking up.
     "Please get along with the others, both of you. I hate to see all of the fighting and bickering. I know they make it hard, but not in front of me. For my sake." She turned over to her side, facing the wolf who continued to stare at her with its big, illuminated eyes.
     Our mate.
     Now is not the time to bring that up.
     If I have to share her with you, what's so bad about sharing with the others?
     It is not our decision who she chooses.
     She will choose us either way.
     Oh yeah? You make her terrified of us.
     "Are you okay? You didn't get hurt while out there did you?" The wolf sighed in response, hoping she understand it as a no. "You aren't all angry and chaotic like you were earlier, what changed?"
    Don't fucking try anything, I'll cut you off so quick.
     I won't. Just trust me.
     Zero lifted his head and nudged her chest, hiding his face in the crook of her neck, before laying his chin on her shoulder.
She pushed back a shaky breath and snuggled closer to the warmth radiating off him, engulfed in his long, soft hair. The wolf curled his body, essentially wrapping himself around her like a protective barrier.
     She relaxed into him, melting into a deep sleep, comforting by his soft and barely audible purrs.
     Zero slipped into slumber, letting Hongjoong take over control, not far from falling asleep either.

     "How the fuck did he get in here? We're lucky nothing happened or it would have been too late." Yunho and Mingi stood in the doorway of Hongjoong's room, Wooyoung and San standing near them in the hall. The human is barely noticeable against Hongjoong's dark coat.
     "We would have noticed if you two didn't stink up the house with your jerk sessions." Yunho replied back to San's previous words, giving him a certain stare.
     "You didn't help, don't act innocent. Her blood and fluids are all over that room. I can't walk in there without gagging." Mingi growled at the oldest. "That's probably what lured him here, he could have killed her, mutilated her, gone into an early rut, who fucking knows."
     "Then why didn't he?" Wooyoung tutted in the conversation, making three sets of eyes land on him. "You see how he gets during full moons, he stays like that until the moon has left the sky. It's not even halfway yet. Why did he come back just to cuddle with her?"
     "There's not a lot we know about how wolves work, just from how we have seen him behave over all these years." San gave a peek into the room, seeing the two sleeping figures. "This is very different behavior."
     "Maybe Zero is sick?"
     "No, neither show any signs of illness or abnormality. It might be a good idea to reach out to Youngjo's pack for answers." Mingi brainstormed for a moment. "We should go find the others, they probably think he's still out in the forest."